What’s up today?

Was replaced by these folk it seems.

https://twitter.com/JumpCryptoHQ/status/1489301013408497666?t=dON2h6N5q5qOJe1OxwtAmg&s=19

1 Like

After I wrote to Nomics, they fixed the MAID data on their site:

Privacy. Security. Freedom

17 Likes

Thank you @Dimitar for the behind the scenes work you do, it is invaluable for the project.

15 Likes
2 Likes

Meta threatens to pull Facebook and Instagram from the European market – what does this mean for the music industry?

6 Likes

If only they meant it. From the article:

"[A band using Facebook to reach their fans is] like you would have to buy the same CD over and over again if you would like to listen to it. Bonkers.

4 Likes

Not sure how this works. Pretty sure the author doesn’t have much of a clue either!

3 Likes

I’m watching a film called Crypto about an AML investigator and he just logged into OMNIbank. :thinking:

EDIT:

Closing shot of a newspaper “OmniBank to become OmniCorp”. :joy:

Decent film, realistic portrayal of Crypto, but it’s really a slow burning thriller that alludes to wider issues of change and a relief from the current high octane everything. Reviews would have you think this was rubbish but I found it … decent.

4 Likes

The GitHub repo.

4 Likes

Censored NFT Collection: WikiLeaks And PAK Join Forces To Save Julian Assange they’ve raised over 45 million USD already according to the wikileaks nitter page? Holy moly batman. I readily admit that I do not understand the project beyond - modern fundraiser

4 Likes
5 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes

Online age verification was abandoned by the UK government a few years ago because it was unworkable. It still is, but it’s back “to protect the children” in the bill that’s set to turn the UK online experience into the kind of dystopian surveillance nightmare beloved of dictatorships.

Here’s a very pithy WTF are you thinking? take on why this will expose kids to far worse material and have severely damaging unintended consequences.

5 Likes

How in the world is this woman and her husband found with 4 billion in bitcoin stolen from Bitfinex?

Something is definitely not right, just cant be!
Perhaps the “music career” was a front to launder the money :rofl:

R rated for language.

5 Likes

This highlights the risks of a centralized solution being hacked.

2 Likes

Maybe the real holders of that $4billion paid these 2 a few bucks to front them and do the time? Don’t know how the keys were “captured” though

4 Likes

I saw something about the keys being kept online which is probably the most bizarre.

2 Likes
5 Likes

Just think how many Spotify streams you’d need to launder $4billion

8 Likes