What’s up today? (Part 1)

I’ll take democracies. Impractical? No.

To each his own. And, yes, democracy on the highways is impractical . . . and dangerous.

1 Like

Sophistry. Of course highways are administered by democracies. Unfortunately you don’t see many police on them around where I live, but it always amazes me that there aren’t more crashes.

1 Like

Wait until you find out what the mining industry does.

Privacy. Security. Freedom

1 Like
6 Likes

29,50 euro to order a print copy, and free for pdf or epub download. An attempt at joining different threads related to hacking, whistleblowing, activism, journalism, transparency, anonymity, art, etc. Have only read the pieces from Reality Winner’s mother Billie-Jean, Barrett Brown and Lauri Love so far, but it’s been very interesting. Strongly recommended.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Calling NFT’s bluff?

4 Likes

If peoples biggest problem with NFTs is that all they are is

1. Just a token of ownership
  2. Merely directions to where to find/access the file and
  3. No guarantee that it will still be hosted
  4. Anyone can find and screenshot the art

Then if NFTs on SN were treated more like private keys, you don’t publish them or post them in the open, you shield or hide it unless no one is around, it could probably answer all of those concerns.

If there was a way to prove what the art was and ownership without having to expose it, that might actually make NFTs more worth while.

5 Likes

Today I bought my first NFT, but I know the artist and if the .jpg disappears, I can take the “original” :lol:

Privacy. Security. Freedom

5 Likes

Thoughts?

1 Like

Thoughts?

It’s a big nothing burger. Politics.

2 Likes

Also on Safe NFTs do not have to be art. Just hash the content, or use datamap, and there is the proof of being first to make an NFT on that content

4 Likes

Nor do they on existing blockchains (ENS domains are NFTs for example)

4 Likes
1 Like

Another web3 article - they seem to be breeding this week. Some questions occurred to me along the lines of - Are some projects more web3 than others? And What is being called web3 that really isn’t?

3 Likes

For me web3 is the true Internet.

That means Internet without server is the key point.

Especially blockchain cant achieve this goal.

This is why Maidsafe have developed over decades and we also have waited this project with patience.

8 Likes

If we take distributed/read/write as the core definitions of web3, then something like Safe Network is critical for it. Cobbled together blockchains and flaky/slow/expensive/censorable data storage isn’t going to cut it.

This project has always had a grand, but necessary, vision. Half baked solutions just won’t be up to the job.

11 Likes

I like the way the article expresses the progression too - read > write > own - sounds very safenet to me

6 Likes