What’s up today? (Part 1)

1 Like

:stuck_out_tongue:

Love how that butthurt NPC SJW just repeats his 4am talking points. Maybe he should wake up and do his homework before regurgitating falsified studies. F’ing Cultural Marxists are the least self-critical people on the planet. So dumb. Much butthurt. Very victim.

1 Like

Linux Weekly News has an article about Solid - with several critical points, one of which being the lack of encryption (which coupling with SAFEnet intents to provide): Solid: a new way to handle data on the web [LWN.net]

11 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I moved the discussions about Storj releasing Version 3 to its own topic. You can find it here

6 Likes
2 Likes

Predictions: Google gets broken up a la Bell, Twitter transitions to something decentralized to protect First Amendment principals, and Facebook completely collapses through legal troubles and user exodus. Silicon Valley collapses, valuations collapse, unicorns return to Neverland.

EDIT: And Amazon fails to compete once the real cost of business is accounted for and forced upon them, i.e. USPS. Small businesses gain advantage and begin to eat away at the edges.

3 Likes

For SAFE / Solid Web developers:

7 Likes

Crust test v2 - just gone live!

David.

15 Likes

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2018/10/unhappy-elon-musk-went-on-firing-spree-over-slow-satellite-broadband-progress/?amp=1

Grand jury announcement of indictment on Chinese and Taiwanese intellectual property theft from Micron.

That was fast…

1 Like

Ethereum city in the desert

Every resident and employee will have what amounts to an Ethereum address, which they will use to vote on local measures and store their personal data.

Mr. Berns believes Ethereum will give people a way to control their identity and online data without any governments or companies involved.

4 Likes

Except they are all in one place and so the government doesn’t have to go far if they want to enforce some ruling or find the ones not reporting their tax.

1 Like

Well I don’t think tax evasion is the goal. They’re even set up in a tax opportunity zone so that crypto gains that’s used for local economic development like real estate projects can be had tax free (sounds like from the keynote anyway)

They had a keynote yesterday

Seems like they want to create some kind of tech incubator for AI, nanotechnology, 3d and blockchain technology and how it can work together.

I would think it could also be a place to show off how the SAFE network can be useful for IoT and the other things that they want to use blockchains for.

4 Likes

Haha! Surely Dan Larimer will be a good cellmate.

1 Like

More violent than Stuxnet? Which is already the most sophisticated software according to this article.

2 Likes

Pretty damn impressive

Edit: I mean whoever thought they were “clever” by spamming the Safe Network in it’s infancy should look at this and wonder what they are doing in life.

2 Likes