What’s up today? (Part 1)

Who might that be? :clown_face:

That depends on how sensitive subjects, if you try and cross reference something about Trump you may need to exclude 99% of media as none trust worthy, if less sensitive subjects like someones death then you can use most of the well known media of choice, BBC, Reuters, NBC, CNN, Spiegel or other similar.

When you watch the world expect “Nothing is true, everything is permitted”. In todays world there are too many people/groups with agendas, hidden or sinister, often covered by nice sounding words.

“Hey! It goes beyond big brother in the sky
Beyond the threat of martial law no Horus eye
No one came to cuff you they just handed you the chains
Blind follows the blind and now the one-eyed man is king”

“No form of payment, no pot of gold will satisfy the debt of what he’s owed
Spilling from the houses in a trance the children lined up on the road
Cursing at the piper as he lured your kids away
And led them to the river for what was their final day
No need for convincing on his pipe he played a song to fool them all
Fooled them all”

1 Like

Kinda the point of a centralized digital currency IMO - to terminate gray & black markets and to control the population at a fine level.

1 Like
1 Like

Julian Assange - the journalist who has been convicted of a bail violation, charged with nothing else, who is being gagged and condemned to legal limbo and tortured in England at the behest of the US with the support of Sweden, Australia, and others - turns fifty today.

Last week a story broke in Iceland about how one of the main witnesses in the US case has now admitted that he made up many of his allegations after being taken under the wing of US authorities and paid off at the time.

This is a legitimate news story, and the response from big media has been silence.

Again, this is ten years of arbitrarily detaining a journalist in violation of UN rulings that he had to be released and compensated, the last three of which has been in a prison normally reserved for terrorists and murderers.

11 Likes

8 posts were split to a new topic: Gallus Football

9 Likes

reported on RT a couple of weeks ago. I refrained from posting cos I promised @Sascha I would try to rely on other news sources. - seems the very sight of the word “Russia” triggers a few ;->

But that shit aside - is this a record from prediction to experimental confirmation? Einstein had to wait a while for some of his predictions too…

2 Likes

But I thought Hawkings also showed hawking radiation would eventually evaporate a black hole.

Interesting if the area of the event horizon never decreases then the black hole must remain. So did Hawkings get one wrong then?

EDIT: I read it and its a shame the people do not understand what Hawking was saying in 1971 and what Hawking radiation is about. Shame really. Basically if you add mass to a black hole its surface area will not decrease ever is what Hawkings was saying in 1971, thus obey the laws we know. And the results of 2 colliding black holes showed that the surface area combined was not larger than the surface area of the new formed black hole after the collision.

1 Like

But it loses energy through radiation all the time, energy that once where matter, so it has to evaporate sooner or later or it would create energy out of nothing? You post an interesting question that I hope someone can answer.

Hawking radiation is using the matter from nothing we see happening in “empty space”.

2 particles appear and almost straight away destroy each other. A zero net energy event (energy used up to create the 2 particles then returned). Hawking radiation is the situation where this happens on the event horizon and one of the 2 particles escape and the other is absorbed into the black hole and destroys an equivalent mass inside the black hole.

Thus the effect we see is radiation coming off the black hole and the black hole reducing correspondingly in mass.

Yea that is the simple explanation and its a bit more involved than that. But it does show somewhat what is happening.

4 Likes

Brilliant, I did not think of that, it reminds me of something I heard about particles that in vacuum can be created and disappear, out of nothing, and also some other strange quantum effects. But it makes sense even if I don’t fully understand how things happen.

1 Like

43 posts were split to a new topic: Awake but can’t get a loan to buy a permit to pay tax on the shed that you’ll love after the great reset

2 Likes

Interesting. I wish him luck.

1 Like

From the article

The risks of using counterfeit chips, even unknowingly, should not be underestimated. Typically, fraudsters use one of two methods to create fake products: they can clone them, building them entirely from scratch in a manner reminiscent of what has become common in the fashion industry, for example; or, they can recycle components from electronics waste, erase old markings, clean the part and package it to appear new to potential buyers.

Having worked in this industry, and being pretty familiar with the manufacturing process, I find the bolded to be quite unlikely. The second method would be FAR more likely.

1 Like

Gonna be a long row to hoe, what with businesses having the right to discriminate if not based on race, creed, etc.

Results of yesterday’s vote to introduce surveillance on private messaging in the EU

10 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Gallus Football

That’s both sad and terrifying at the same time. Can people not even have a conversation in private now? Do they really think criminals will obey this rule, allowing them to be caught? It just pushes the wedge further between the people and the state, imo. It shows a lack of trust and respect.

I wonder what the vote would have been in a referendum? Would people really vote in such numbers to surrender their privacy? I’d like to think not. :confused:

8 Likes