What’s up today? (Part 1)

Nano, formerly known as railblock is the halted network

2 Likes

$ denominated, so no point putting in an isa ( or so I’ve read ).
Have to be £ denominated to avoid the taxes ( again, or so I’ve read ).
Never held an isa before.

Actually made me laugh out loud :flushed:

1 Like

I admit NFTs are weird and I don’t get it. The Culture Creators clearly are pushing them.

There is solution even for Nano, while it is not all finished yet. They use PoW for a sender with increasing difficulty if network is saturated. This already work, while It might be upgraded. The thing not yet done is to deal with increasing size of Blockchain history. But this is problem for many projects and SafeNetwork can be place where light nodes could store it.

https://nanoticker.info/ I was showing to mine friend how fast it is yeasterday, and I was surprised why it takes few seconds to confirm. Now I see it was under haevy spam attack, but mine friends did not notice any delay.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/JJ_Boogie/status/1370030249195491330?s=20
This system goes nation wide in China next year.

5 Likes

As they mention at the end, few are willing to criticize the system … as public criticism of CCP policy is met with a very heavy hand. This isn’t China moving toward totalitarianism though as they’ve been at that stage since Mao … this is the CCP increasing it’s awareness and ability to control. I fear the consequences for the people of China will be dire.

On ‘western’ shores, this social credit system is also being adopted, but via big tech oligopolies. It’s a less unified system for now perhaps, but the governments are becoming ever more totalitarian and moving in the direction of the CCP, IMO … hence those at the top of the political pile want to work with big tech to drive this forward in the west.

I hope that the Safe Network will help to break this control mechanism.

10 Likes

The scary thing is who defines what is ‘good’ behaviour? This is exactly the sort of thing that shouldn’t be defined centrally, especially without democracy, but should instead be distributed and emergent.

While I fear for the freedoms of individuals trapped in such a system, I also doubt it will be productive in the long run. Behaviours which are emergent, will tend to be inspired and creative. Indoctrination will have the opposite effect, as people will just follow as automatons. As creativity is what drives humanity forward, this seems a rather bleak prospect.

4 Likes

As a biologist I think of this in terms of evolution - Nature determines the “good” behavior for all life … but Nature is cruel and arbitrary (maybe all selective forces are as well!). Life’s answer to Nature is the interesting part though - in order to survive, it has developed genetic diversity - running Trillions upon trillions of simultaneous experiments in, what so far has been, a successful attempt to thwart Natures despotism.

In the same manner as Life has developed genetic diversity, I think it makes perfect sense for humanity to engage in an much cultural diversity as possible as well. In fact I think historically we did - living as separate tribes, with unique ways and languages - and it’s only the advent of particular technology (IMO, mostly fiat currencies) used by some to control others that has driven the homogenization of the globe. Not that there is ever any perfect society or culture - it’s simply that via mass diversity, no one group can spin the globe out of whack.

I’ll end this like I did my last post - I hope that the Safe Network will help to break this control mechanism.

5 Likes

We agree there I think - although as another biologist, I know from our previous posts that I have some bio-socio-political differences with you but I suspect we are on the same general page - and we certainly agree about the critical importance of SN for the future.

Would you be interested in a Telegram Group Audio chat re some of this stuff? - I think it would be quite an interesting discussion for myself and others!

I think you are a Yankee but currently living in Tasmania? - I am on Sydney time.

How about this for a discussion topic:

“Can the SN help prevent H. sapiens from self-extinction (along with most of the world’s other species) in the near term?”

See here for my background:

http://philiprhoades.org

1 Like

Nice to see this enemy of the Bolivian people being made to answer for her crimes.

3 Likes

That’s good to hear. I just wish you would cite something besides Russian state media.

1 Like

So do I but the problem is that US-controlled media will not publish stories like this

or if they do, its tucked away somewhere.

Until they have concocted the “abduction” story or some other shite.

Ok thats enough links :slight_smile:

EDIT: Note how in the other reports it is the right-winger who is afforded the luxury of saying she “fears” arrest so she bloody well should fear the arest - How many protesters did she kill? At least 30 off top of my head

3 Likes

I’m not really up for an audio chat Philip. Nothing personal, I just don’t do them very often these days - even with close friends.

Happy to have a thread here or on element/riot (I don’t have telegram installed).

Cheers.

BTC ATH €50 000! :tada:

3 Likes

Sorry for the dm link.

Bitcoin, and the era of block chain tech, has been a great pair of training wheels for on boarding the public to crypto. But it is unsustainable.

SAFENetwork is the future.

11 Likes

I bumped into this meme today:

But as I’d just made the David Irvine as Santa pic (posted in the “watch this video thread”), I felt inspired to commit more sacrilege:

Hopefully David will forgive me my sins.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Happy to make memes for Safe Network marketing if anyone has suggestions/ideas.

7 Likes

Is there a NFT on this ?
Asking for a friend :grin:

1 Like

Nope. Would that help with marketing?

1 Like

Rocky at the top of the steps after his training montage holding up a Safe Network Logo? Various other underdog coming back from behind memes?

1 Like