What’s up today?

Just don’t ask to use David’s weird import minibus for that kind of fun. The engine sounded nice, whatever it was.

1 Like

Michael Saylor is now saying they had 7000 corporations attend his Bitcoin conference. Just amazing!

3 Likes

Who said that UniSwap was something very valuable exactly one year ago?

And let’s remember that they gave away $ 8000 for free to all their initial users. (at today’s price)

3 Likes
2 Likes

A very good call! :smile: I’ll be paying attention to any future suggestions.

1 Like

There are Physical Safe Network Tokens in the world and I took pictures! Please use these, post them, publish them to image sites bloggers use.

They were made when it was ‘Safecoin’ so shots were taken in such a way to cut off that portion of the token.

3 Likes

Favicon ‘supercookie’ exploit bypasses private browsing mode and VPN protections, and works in all major browsers, allowing a user to be tracked across websites, and there’s nothing we can do to stop this until browser are modified. Clearing browser cache etc does not help.

13 Likes

People clearly want and need privacy and security

Interesting discussion on this over here:

4 Likes

" If you go all the way through the the author’s own post on the subject (here [supercookie.me]) and scroll down, you will find a table showing different browsers and different operating system combinations."

“The author shows that Firefox on Linux, iOS and Android is not vulnerable, but on Windows and MacOS it is.”

9 Likes

I may write a medium article. I’m sure you won’t mind me using this.

5 Likes

Please do. Would love to share.

1 Like

Goldrush… (buy shovels!)…

5 Likes

nuke

Mastercard decision smells like fiat destruction.

5 Likes

Aren’t they just doing a PayPal though? They still get to play middle man and cream profits off transaction fees.

What Mastercard, Visa, etc, will fear is being cut out of the loop completely. Crypto is an existential threat to their business model.

Edit: ofc, it means throwing fiat under the bus in the process, so maybe at the macro scale it is good news regardless!

3 Likes

That’s why I’m onboard with it. :wink:

1 Like

mastercard… offering access to a secure, encrypted and robust payment network over their creaking old world sticky tape network… Mmmm.

Any fees charged will be on top of crypto fees to pay for matercards network.

4 Likes

Considering Elon did a big buy of BTC back around 11th Jan and his publicly announced one a day or two ago. There is a lot of push by others to bite the bullet and join the market place to skim off profits from the crypto world.

Imagine visa and mastercard skimming off their 1 to 3% per transaction above fees and then charging interest from the moment you borrowed to buy that crypto. They are going to rake in the money from this.

1 Like

Has BTC solved its energy use dilemma?.. PoW consuming the energy requirement of a small country never made sense to me.

2 Likes

Well, they can handle thousands of transactions per second where as bitcoin, well, can’t.

Given folks are still using their credit/debit cards for in person purchases (more than ever) and still using them a lot for online, their network is in the middle of a lot of payments still. Given Bitcoin has retreated to being Gold 2.0, I’m not sure that will change soon either.

However, it is interesting that they are willing to break their monopoly with fiat money. That in itself gives crypto credibility, which could undermine their long term position. They must feel crypto is a threat in the medium term and they don’t want to give it any opportunity to break into the payment services market.

I actually worked at Visa for a while a year or so back. Some of the complexity they have to deal with to keep payments secure is pretty crazy. Having to deal with payment gateways (including their payment device networks), 2x banks and 2x individuals/businesses to safely authorise and clear payments, in a compliant way, is non-trivial. The 3D secure stuff has evolved so that you don’t see it very often, but it is still being used in the background.

I remember sitting there, musing over the monstrous complexity of it all. It is inherent in having to trust so many parties. It was one of those moments when you remember just why crypto currencies are such a big step forward - all of those middlemen and complexities vanish. It literally becomes similar to one person handing another a coin.

IMO, Visa, Mastercard, etc, will come under ever more pressure as their business model is eroded away. It may seem unlikely right now and maybe Bitcoin isn’t man enough for that particular challenge, but simple, fast, direct, person to person payments will render them obsolete.

5 Likes