What’s up today? (Part 1)

For now BTC is king of the hill like IBM was. Not sure how long that will last. At least for the next few years I see BTC at the top.

3 Likes

Me too, but it’s all still very new to the corporate world so the change could happen quickly if something more efficient or better in some other way comes along. I wonder how easily they’d be able to switch? Maybe not a big deal if exchanges are easy to use.

2 Likes

Ethereum will flip Bitcoin, maybe as early as this year…

That is wild to think about. They have a tremendous amount of momentum and investment.

He talks about Kusama and Thorchain … Thorchain is very interesting to me - as it’s a decentralized exchange backend that may (probably will) allow privacy coins … that will IMO inevitably allow for Safe tokens.

EDIT: Speculation is that Binance is behind development at Thorchain.

Thorchain talk starts at 8:33

1 Like

What’s wild is that many of these specific and separate network types would exist within the Safe Network. The internet itself is the network of networks and so will be the Safe Network.

• Physical – infrastructure, typically utilities (eg roads, landlines, electricity)
  • Protocol – a common standard for operating (eg Ethernet, Bitcoin, VHS)
  • Personal Utility – built on personal identities (eg WhatsApp, Slack, WeChat)
  • Personal – built on personal reputation (eg Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
  • Market Network – adds purpose and transactions (eg Houzz, AngelList)
  • Marketplace – enables exchanges between buyers and sellers (eg eBay, Visa, Etsy)
  • Platform – adds value to the exchange of a marketplace (eg iOS, Nintendo, Twitch)
  • Asymptotic Marketplace – effect depends on scale (eg Uber, OpenTable)
  • Data – data generated through use enhances utility (eg Google, Waze, IMDB)
  • Tech Performance … service gets better with more users (eg BitTorrent, Skype)
  • Language … a brand name defines a market or activity (eg Google, Uber, Xerox)
  • Belief … network grows based on a shared belief (eg stock market, religions)
  • Bandwagon … driven by social pressure of fear of missing out (eg Apple, Slack)
10 Likes

Hold on tight folks.

https://twitter.com/zerohedge/status/1358758053970137091?s=20

16 Likes

DOGE fans maybe disappointed! :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Nice talk on Elon and Tesla’s purchase:

2 Likes

https://foundation.rust-lang.org/posts/2021-02-08-hello-world/

This is founded today.

10 Likes

Very big names as Rust Foundation members:

4 Likes

Announcements:

5 Likes

David made a good call all those years back when Rust Lang was still very fresh. Will be great having all that support for the language.

Would the universe humor us in them helping to build and maintain Rustlang for the project (Safe Network) that will someday replace them?

8 Likes

Was talking to someone and it was pointed out that this is a huge strategic move by Elon to shore up his share price which is over inflated at the moment. By converting his shares at around 1000$ to BTC it will buffer the share price correction that is due to happen sometime down the track. And on top of that the price drop in his shares will likely be less now than the rest of the market because he has the huge BTC holding.

Its a very smart move by Elon.

3 Likes

Cant agree more :slight_smile:

Interesting … I guess some animals really are more equal than others as far as twitter is concerned.

I am very much looking forward to open-source social networks on Safe.

5 Likes
2 Likes

Kinda the China model perhaps, but using mega-corps to track the people instead of a government agency.

That being the case, it’s odd that they’d ban people off platforms … unless they control the alternative platforms as well … makes me wonder about minds.com and liberdon.com where I do most of my posting.

3 Likes

Blockfolio hacked:

https://twitter.com/UnderTheBreach/status/1359038370903691265?s=19

2 Likes