What’s up today? (Part 1)

Ha! Yeah, that about sums it up!

2 Likes

8 Likes

Just gonna leave this here…

These ants decorate their homes with the heads of their enemies

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/animals/2018/11/ants-head-hunters-attack-trap-jaw-enemies-nests/

9 Likes

I have a Sia sticker and t-shirt at home … Just saying :wink:

:you_all_gonna_die_down_here:

4 Likes

When we get to beta it will be Safe Network now and ‘Sia later’ … :laughing:

5 Likes

vdash update, with pictures…

8 Likes

Something to think about.

3 Likes

about “durable objects”:

I thought that it is the central authority for one particular data. It’s pretty much “just” an actor, it has it’s local state and workers can communicate with it via message passing. In SN we have nothing like this, at least until section computing/smart-contracts land, at that point we could have something that is very similar to DOs. The SN section where the smart contract is running on would be the centralized server in that analogy.

So smart-contracts/DOs run on a centralized server and is the authority. Crdts “run” on the clients, without needing a centralized authority (at least in the case that you can trust all clients that are allowed to write to the crdt).

3 Likes

To me it’s like CRDT with tombstones that can never be purged. Great to see all these efforts though. CRDT is V interesting, it’s like blockchain many decide it’s not possible/useless but what I see is the folk that say it’s impossible don’t generally read up and research, they stick to knee jerk reaction (i.e. not Engineers at all).

I have read the durable object several times as I am sure there is something there, but I cannot see why it was not done with crdt. I “feel” and only a feeling that making data fit crdt is hard and they are here saying forget the effort, store everything. I am probably mistaken though and missing a valuable nugget. I will keep going back to it though :slight_smile:

12 Likes

The ugly underbelly of the UK gov - a kangaroo court for a political prisoner.

4 Likes

Right now on the House of Commons the UK is doubling down on errors… endorsing that crimes can be committed by the state. The #CHISBill on the back of what is happening to Julian Assange, shows clearly how corrupt and how wrong Government can be. … but I keep forgetting that Government makes no errors!

5 Likes

How about running a Safe Node on a hard disk controller!

Well this guy ran Linux on his so why not :wink:

Via my mastodon account…

8 Likes

Also the UK government is using Excel (old version) instead of a proper database where it would be appropriate:

1 Like
4 Likes
1 Like

Courts still useful shocker…

1 Like

http://regenerativeagriculturepodcast.com/updating-soil-analysis-to-consider-microbial-influence-with-rick-haney

• The journey Rick took to discover an improved system for analyzing soil health, eventually leading to the development of his namesake soil assay.
  • How Rick’s work and an emphasis on data can help growers save an average of $20 per acre in nitrogen applications.
  • Over-fertilization and what soil respiration says about the fertility of a field.
  • Rick’s battle with calibrations and the industry’s collective leaps in agronomic understanding since the 60’s.
  • The work of Dr. Richard Mulvaney, namely the Illinois Soil Test, and how it compares to Haney’s soil nitrogen report.
  • The shortcomings of mainstream agronomic research and the power of “listening to nature.”
  • The importance of using water and biological activity as the gauge of soil mineral release rather than acids and extractants to judge soil mineral content.
  • Why many growers are routinely able to reduce Nitrogen and Phosphorus inputs.
  • The importance of looking at real yields rather than soil test data as the sign of a well-functioning fertility program.
  • The power of embracing new developments in ag research and the future of in-field sensors.
3 Likes

Do we still actually have their gold?
Or was it sold off?

The UK gov may have to start buying physical gold.

3 Likes

One in the eye fpr the “freedom”-lovers :slight_smile:

Never a bad thing.

I would be weighing every bar they get back (if it ever gets to that) very very carefully indeed.

1 Like