What’s up today?

I hope Elon Musk his cars are more practical in daily usage then the name of his newborn son: X Æ A-12. Hopefully it will be, in practice, Ash or something like that for the young one.

2 Likes

Musk likes to make provocative statements. He’s almost addicted to them. California law states that the official name of a new baby can only contain the 26 letters of the alphabet. They can, of course, call him anything they want.

In this case the X Æ is from his wife and the A-12 is from him. Good thing the official name will be something different then. Provocative statements is 1 thing, to have that as your name your whole live is something else.

1 Like

:laughing: :smile:
1 Like
5 Likes

As of today, there is a SAFE forum for Spanish speakers! It is empty, waiting for new administrators and users :dragon:

3 Likes

Why do we need a separate Spanish forum? Aren’t the different language versions of this forum enough?

1 Like

There are several reasons:

• not everyone speaks English.
  • 1 topic per language is extremely non-functional if you want to discuss different topics
  • it is not good to centralize the whole community in one place. It is good to have alternatives :dragon:
3 Likes

I believe the first point is addressed by the different language versions on this forum, and I think I disagree with the third point. The second point makes sense, but only if we really want to split up.

1 Like

Friend,

I think the SAFE network is for everyone. This includes people who do not know a foreign language other than their native language.

When I open this forum I see a foreign language site. If I do not know English I will not register in it:

If I open a Bulgarian / Spanish forum and see my native language, I can register and read:

4 Likes

Sorry Sascha, not everyone has such a good grasp of English as you. Its a VERY difficult language to learn.

We MUST make it easier for ALL to learn about SAFE.
Yes many geeks do have a good grasp of English cos so much documentation is only in English but to get mass adoption we NEED native language forums.
Just for example if @bochaco has spare bandwidth (possibly unlikely) he can easily spot inconsistencies in the messages put out in the Spanish forum. Should we get a Portugese forum, perhaps @hamarana can help as his English is very good too.
@draw can possibly see whats happening if we have a Dutch or French forum. I apologise for not tagging more of our members who do not have English as a first language, they are so fluent that often I forget they are not native speakers - but they can all play a very valuable role.

4 Likes

I guess you and @Dimitar are right. I’m from such a small country with a weird language that doing pretty much anything except maybe raising chickens is unthinkable without learning at least English. For my parents’ generation it was German. I just don’t want Bochaco to disappear to a Spanish forum, nbaksalyar to a Russian forum, oetyng o a Swedish forum and so on.

5 Likes

Oh I very much doubt these guys will disappear to their own native language forums. For good or ill, no matter how popular the various non-English forums become, I am sure the bulk of the core discussions will still happen here.
Hopefully there will evolve a cadre of translators who will both feed the discussions from here into the native-language forums but most importantly, raise points in here that arise on their “own” forums.
I still think that we should be making more use of tools like Google translate, imperfect though it is. It gives us an advantage and as we learn from Darwin, ANY advantage, no matter how small can result in a Big Win.

2 Likes

Yes!!!

Bitcoin is halving today, so I thought I’d watch something live on Youtube. Are you guys watching anything like that?

https://www.bitcoinblockhalf.com/

1 Like

watching now some live vids. What a joke it is actually :wink:

1 Like

Of course it is. Just like any anniversary. But it’s still fun. :partying_face:

Let’s drop some Safe Network comments in the chat

5 Likes

It just happend :star_struck:

Edit: Great timing for halving with first spring lightings on a sky :cloud_with_lightning:

6 Likes

I can’t see any massive upwards price movement… I think expectations have been dashed, a dump may start?

2 Likes