What’s up today? (Part 1)

Thought for the day:

3 Likes

Ah, but time is also scarce. As someone else put it, time is money. As we don’t have a super abundance of time, people rarely give it to someone else for free.

3 Likes

Interesting thought. I just don’t think it’s directly or universally true in any real sense. Air and water are the most “valuable” things and they are nearly free. Gold is less rare than platinum but trades for 50% more, etc. The CA housing market is a CA-made mess that the market is in the process of sorting out. People are leaving to get affordable housing and a better life in other states.

Ironically, I think the over-inflated “value” of big tech right now is one of the main drivers of CA’s problems. And the SAFE network may actually get to play a role in fixing that!

1 Like
9 Likes

anyone know what this is about? Its a pull request from a Holochain core dev…

1 Like

rust-sodium isn’t used anymore by Maidsafe:

But I assume Holochain uses/wants to use it. However I would think: better to fork it then to e.g. GitHub - thedavidmeister/rust_sodium?

7 Likes

This is nasty. Basically anyone who ever posted their pic associated with their name blurted out their identity for literally anyone who ever meets them/sees them.

1 Like

Which means every time Ralph Macchio gets face-ID’d he will be identified as piluso lol

5 Likes
3 Likes

Good for you if you invested but why oh why have I ignored Rhodium since it’s last big crash? It is one of the rarest of the metals, damn.

3 Likes

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/the-fed-has-pumped-500-billion-into-the-repo-market-where-does-it-end

:crazy_face:

3 Likes

Calling all budding astronauts!

All aboard for a trip to the Solid Galaxy with Spoggy from the Solid community.

7 Likes

This has been bugging me…

4 Likes

I don’t understand how one can tell the difference between:

• collapsing the wave function in a hidden form at the time of entanglement and collapsing it at the time of (a later) observation

The two would have identical probability distributions.

Sidenote: I read that physicists recently discovered that there’s evidence of a macro scale form of entanglement - galaxies rotating in sync.

3 Likes

Yes, and thanks very much for responding. I’ll just have to accept it for now! :grinning:

Reading the following on Bell’s inequalities seems to say they didn’t consider the case I’m positing. They only deal with the case where a particle is either still in superposition of states, or collapsed to a state. They don’t consider that the particle can remain in unknown state after the ultimate state has been determined (at the point of entanglement) - only to be known when measured.

Presumably there are reasons for ruling that out, but they don’t mention the possibility.

This is what I can’t see from either the summary article or Bell’s paper. I don’t read their explanations as saying that - although it might well be the case!

6 Likes

Ad-block paywall…
Can you provide an archive.is link so we do not need to subsidize the Seattle Times, please?

3 Likes

http://archive.is/LRZFj

6 Likes