What’s up today? (Part 1)

Just waiting patiently for an exchange on the Safe Network.

4 Likes

I don’t think it’s the exchanges that are being whimsical, but the US government. The exchanges are just trying to avoid legal conflict. That’s not to say I’m not worried, just because I live in Europe. What can happen in China or the US can, and probably will, happen elsewhere too.

Do any truly decentralized and trustworthy exchanges really exist yet?

Maybe “Crypto trading as a US/? citizen” deserves its own topic.

2 Likes

Yes, and they are amazing - plug your hardware wallet in, stake or “wrap” the cryptocurrencies that you wish to trade in the smart contract with a few clicks and away you go trading with no need to give up any private information to some honeypot database or trust third parties (other than any trust you place on the smart contract code that is). Liquid pairs trade upwards of a few million a day so still small fish but growing fast. There is a catch however: Ethereum erc-20 tokens only, at least for deversifi.com.
See What is DeversiFi and Why Should You Care.

2 Likes

Currently I know only Bisq and BlockDx as truly decentralised

2 Likes

What about decentralized exchanges that do fiat-crypto-fiat?
Please post links instead of just the names. There is a lot of URL scams out there.

1 Like

I don’t know if they both do the crypto/fiat conversion but here they are:

4 Likes

https://www.publish0x.com/50-big-losses-on-power-grid-everywhere-the-fix/nextgen-crypto-storage-compute-service-maidsafe-safe-network-xyqogz

One of the numerous paragraphs about the SAFE Network-
“Safe Network is storage centric for now with Vault in Alpha 2 Test Mode (Maidsafe promise to deliver a functioning network with Vault support sometime in 2020, and IMO appear to be on track). Maidsafe also have other Dapps running today including the Jam music player and the ability to host Website pages in a distributed and reliable manner through their SAFE Browser. all very cool, running the Parsec Consensus algorithm to protect your data and transactions.”

12 Likes

Here are complete documentations. Hope you’ll find them useful @Sascha
I think the’re both very interesting

https://docs.bisq.network/intro.html

3 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

Saw this in my news feed and it spiked my interest. I’ve not heard about this technology before, but it looks ideal for electric vehicles, including ships and aircraft and remote locations. High energy and high density fuel cells, with no nasty pollutants and fully recyclable.

It isn’t recharged like a typical battery, but easy to swap out and recycle instead. 1500 mile ranges for a standard module in an average car. It sounds pretty amazing to me!

Edit: @fergish - maybe one to interest you on your technology and choice show?

6 Likes

Hmhmm - I read about this technology a few years ago but so far it didn’t manage to become mainstream :face_with_monocle:

https://www.geektime.com/2016/01/07/investors-throw-50m-at-israeli-revolutionary-electric-car-battery/

But the company still exists :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

That company was supported by the Israeli government by the look of it. It’s mentioned in this article.

Historically these sort of innovations have been squelched by the car and oil industries, while others just fail to scale. I’m always slightly dubious about inventors with a ‘secret sauce’, but it would be great if he really was on to something.

6 Likes

Anything in this?

No idea, but it would not surprise me.
Also would not surprise me if she was another candidate of the elites, falsely claiming to want change in order to get elected.

I’m always skeptical of people who launch their position by bashing someone else rather than simply stating what it is they believe… History tends to show such people as without conviction and more concerned with the trappings or power than moving society forward. My two cents.

4 Likes

I don’t think so. I’ve watched a number of her videos and she comes across genuine. However, she’s up against the entire deep state/military industrial complex, so I don’t see how she can get the Democratic party nomination. Mind you, people trashed Trump’s chances, until he won!

1 Like

But she’s not bashing someone else. She’s defending herself against the “bashing” of corrupt Democratic establishment - as embodied in Hillary Clinton.

1 Like

Find me a single politician who isn’t smeared with some sort of corruption. Trump ran on being “anti-establishment” and that was a load of BS. He was and is just as enmeshed in scandal and intrigue as anyone else. He had a history of deep political connections, and played both sides of the aisle until he got what he wanted.

This is very interesting and potentially a game changer. It is a shame the article was badly written from the title onwards. The title could read Electric “car battery” And the article read like a deflating balloon.

For a phone battery, well that might be difficult as the way it reads it needs air for the reaction and is a wet cell. So for the time being it is like the old car batteries and some applications are not easy.

But yes this is a game changer.

2 Likes