What’s up today?

11 Likes

A bit exaggerated: only the motherboard and sub-boards are made there, not the display, battery, SoC etc.

5 Likes

The SAFE Network is also mentioned in the article/interview below.

11 Likes

A conversation between “everyday astronaut” and NASA admin Jim Bridenstine inside SpaceX HQ

Some good words about development and not knowing things till you test.

3 Likes

Let’s print a fiat money money!

The last QE wave is started.

4 Likes

Unfortunately my leaders still believe it’s 1792. They still enact laws to then help them believe it’s still 1792. Originality died out generations ago. We will all be damned if we let original thinking happen again in America. It’s da debil i tell you da debil! I doubt this will be the last QE. It’s just good for business to be quit honest. I didn’t say it was good for the American people. I said it was good for BUSINESS AS USUAL.

Secure distributed computing will be important for the Safe network. This is related to that.

Crypten is a new, easy-to-use software framework built on PyTorch to facilitate research in secure and privacy-preserving machine learning. Crypten incorporates security and data privacy techniques as a native citizen of machine learning models allowing researchers to leverage these methods without having to become an expert in cryptography.

The core of Crypten’s architecture is based on an implementation of secure multi-party computations. This technique enables computations such as machine learning models to be performed over encrypted datasets. In the case of PyTorch, the use of Crypten is illustrated in the following figure:

4 Likes
2 Likes

Via @lisa_brown, a decentralised social platform:

https://retroshare.cc/

4 Likes
3 Likes

Step into my parlour, said the spider to the fly.

3 Likes

How to Exploit this Bug? Just Sudo User ID -1 or 4294967295

11 Likes

Wow! It is amazing that something so trivial has been exploitable for so long!

2 Likes

Yeah, a bit scary eh? A bit like Heartbleed.

2 Likes

Meetup bait and switch.

Time to create a decentralised alternative. So many opportunities to build on SAFE!

5 Likes

While we’re at it

4 Likes

Doesn’t work on opensuse

1 Like
1 Like

I thought this was already well known. Slow news day at the BBC?

A lot of news to report these days. The ‘Xi Jinping’-quiz where you can earn points (or maybe more correct: lose if you don’t do it), that I missed last time I’ve read an article about it. Starting this month the quiz is apparently also mandatory to obtain a press card (for native journalists).

2 Likes