What’s up today?

This is true in Europe as well. When I applied for an Estonian e-citizen, the authorities wanted my Facebook, etc. …

2 Likes

I suppose having none makes me suspicious too. I could give them 1000000 real email addresses too. They’d have fun finding anything on them though.

2 Likes

I didn’t know this! Could you post a link to an article or something?

I’m a citizen of Finland, and visas aren’t usually a problem. In my experience most countries are pretty safe as long as you have nothing to do with, say, drug and avocado cartels in Mexico. And stay as far away from the police as you can. Common sense goes a long way. I was popped over the head with a bamboo stick in India for smoking a cigarette in the street, but then the cop just walked away, so no biggie.

Flew from France to Ireland recently, wouldn’t normally announce it on a public forum, not on social media of any kind, but since not only my passport were checked but also pictures of my face taken with no justification or explanation I guess there’s even less reason to pretend there’s anything private about the whole thing. Eager for a world where actual privacy and security in communications forces us to re-evaluate the importance of privacy, more power to the devs!

3 Likes

1 Like
3 Likes

Unless those buildings are for ants, this thing is a lot bigger than it looks.

1 Like

After years of tackling numerous design and manufacturing challenges, MIT researchers have built a modern microprocessor from carbon nanotube transistors, which are widely seen as a faster, greener alternative to their traditional silicon counterparts.

The MIT researchers have invented new techniques to dramatically limit defects and enable full functional control in fabricating carbon nanotube field-effect transistors (CNFETs), using processes in traditional silicon chip foundries. They demonstrated a 16-bit microprocessor with more than 14,000 CNFETs that performs the same tasks as commercial microprocessors.

13 Likes

Definitely a place that needs to see this. Great work @piluso

15 Likes

The hopper’s main body was 9 metres in diameter and approximately 20+ metres in height.

The final version of the rocket (both stages) is huge and there will be upto 35 of those rocket engines under the first stage. How many will depend on what the first stage is lifting.

3 Likes

15 sec into this,
it’s mostly CGI :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Dear God, not this again…

6 Likes

Exactly, there are ordinary people who were 1.5 miles away that filmed this in 4K for themselves and actually filmed a thruster from the rigged cap of the vessel flying off into the grass after landing. So are they CGI too, well of course not. Its only reality deniers who claim such things and I hope that 000 was being satirical and having a go at the deniers. Anyone who believes the safe network is possible should have the ability to work out for themselves that its genuine.

5 Likes
7 Likes
5 Likes

There is already an existing safecoin, now I see there is also a ‘safcoin’. We really need another name. Just search on ‘safcoin’ on this forum…things are getting mixed up really easy

2 Likes

Hmm, now what could we build using the CLI? How about this!

blessed
See:

13 Likes
1 Like

I recommend the four pages on complex systems and how they fail linked here by Arvind to anyone interested in the area and how to design SAFE Network to be robust (eg seems relevant to areas such as the Perpetual Auction discussion):

3 Likes

Good article. For those who have read Black Swan by Taleb it is just like a nice short summary of some parts of the book. The rest should definitely read it. And of course everyone should read a Black Swan too:)

1 Like