What’s up today? (Part 1)

Don’t bother, did come from a Bloombot:

The Rise of the Robot Reporter

Roughly a third of the content published by Bloomberg News uses some form of automated technology. The system used by the company, Cyborg, is able to assist reporters in churning out thousands of articles on company earnings reports each quarter.

About:

Bloom Filters

Everyone is always raving about bloom filters. But what exactly are they, and what are they useful for?

1 Like

Looking back to Milton Friedman’s prescient remarks in 1999, just as the internet was taking hold, his clarity about the future of an internet-connected economy was striking:

“The one thing that’s missing, but that will soon be developed, is a reliable e-cash. A method where buying on the Internet you can transfer funds from A to B, without A knowing B or B knowing A.”

2 Likes
4 Likes

A snooping VPN is a contradiction in terms. The people responsible at Facebook should be put in jail. Now they’ll probably just rebrand and continue the practice under a different name and a different 1000 page EULA.

4 Likes
5 Likes
14 Likes

Haha great! That was fast :smiley:

Did you post yours before I was even able to? Lol I literally came from youtube straight to here :smiley:

Quickdraw lost. You’d make a good cowboy :laughing: :cowboy_hat_face:

13 Likes
5 Likes
7 Likes

Not really news, but I found this online today.

Kinda makes me think of political movements,

vs SAFE Network paradigm, which seems to fit the 3rd panel more.

8 Likes

David Chaum has just announced a private internet thingy. No time to read his long thread here yet, but I think it will be worth checking out if anyone cares to do so, and a summary topic would be very helpful to folk here.

This guy was way ahead of his time on the things we care about.

https://twitter.com/chaumdotcom/status/1163723127064584197?s=20

2 Likes

I’ve often wondered if SAFE will adopt or build upon some of his ideas (those thathe presented decades ago…).

This is another (old) article related to some of his recent work…

1 Like

I wonder if React NodeGUI might be an alternative to electron for Maidsafe apps - SAFE Browser?

7 Likes

Interesting, thanks Mark :+1:

5 Likes

I’ve just watched the following interview with George Gilder, regarding his new book “Life After Google” and I most definitely believe it’s worth the watch, as it touches so much on the vision of the SAFE Network. Intelligent and thought-provoking:

7 Likes

wow just wow, must watch everyone!!! really eye opening!

2 Likes

sry for the self promosion but related projects dont land on the front page

I would like to discuss an idea and I opened a thread

1 Like

Gaudry blamed the issue on Russian officials using a variant of the ElGamal encryption scheme that used encryption key sizes that were too small to be secure. This meant that modern computers could break the encryption scheme within minutes.

3 Likes

Just received the latest SAFE Gossip email. And very good it is too. Quick question - why not reproduce these on the website? Good for SEO and very easily done.

On the subject of AWS and its power-grab, people might like this.

Among the guidelines, AWS said it won’t approve the use of terms like “multi-cloud,” “cross cloud,” “any cloud,” “every cloud,” “or any other language that implies designing or supporting more than one cloud provider.”

9 Likes

MaidSafe mentioned briefly in a comparison to other projects. The author is flagrantly confused.

2 Likes