What’s up today? (Part 1)

11 Likes

(An update on nice dex projects) Imho this could be interesting for Maidsafe since it now supports omni protocol

5 Likes

Not the most current news (about a month old), but possibly worth noting that the MaidSafe logo is on the front cover of Normal Books 2019 Standard Catalogue of Cryptocurrencies, along with what I guess are 25 of the author’s top pics.

https://normalbooks.io/

I’m not sure how popular the book is. Looks interesting, except for the high postage cost, at least if delivering to the UK.

15 Likes

What about you personally? You sound like you would still vote for him (assuming you are middle America.) I would have thought comments like those would have ostracized him from anyone involved in digital currencies.

I don’t get to directly vote from Canada but I would discourage my American friends from voting for someone who talks about crypto like that. You don’t like the “media elite,” but what is more elitist then being rich in USD and saying I don’t respect crypto and the only real money is the kind I have lots of.

1 Like
1 Like

Comparism of different ways to make strong password

2 Likes

Andy , we , who are involved in the crypto space, are living the future! Bro, most people in the world don´t even know about Bitcoin! I live in a very rich area in the amazon region in Brazil, multimillionaires with farms that hold about 1 million cows on a single farm … I tell you 1% of the population have heard of this “pyramid scheme” called bitcoin…Their world revolves around the dollar, it is TRILLIONS AND TRILLIONS of dollares we talking about here, man…the cryptospace is only 100 billion. a drop in this ocean. Trump is still the most powerful man in the world, they have the atomic bomb. they have the best military, best cultural arsenal, best currency… there is no way we can expect a world change like the change that happened in our heads… we are only people whose income is about a few thousand dollars… pennies in all of that! I am not going into politics but the best for our Cryptoplanet is a free market, and Donald Trump represents that, while the left represents a big State trying to reach their ultimate goal : a cashless, (moneyless) society , where bitcoin would have no value due to their nature in which everyone is equal.

3 Likes
5 Likes
2 Likes

I think it is the job of every US politician to defend the USD just like every European leader should be defending the Euro, etc. My take is Trump was more responding to Facebook’s move into crypto, which honestly really scares me too. Big Tech already has an absurd amount of power and giving Mark Z. the power to print his own money seems exceedingly dangerous. Let’s hope that stays the focus and we can quietly do our thing without government interference. At some point we will need to deal with the calls for regulation due to potential black market dealings, but hopefully the network is up and running by that point. What will likely help us is the coming backlash against government / big tech censorship. Trump seems sympathetic on that front, but time will tell.

4 Likes

We’ll need a Trump 2020 thread soon…

He has to say things like that. If the USD loses its reserve status, all hell will break loose.

Actually makes me v bullish on btc. The market will want to test this kind of comment.

2 Likes

ya I guess that’s a major problem with a two party system. You have one side that loves USD and wants everyone to compete for that, not BTC. Then you have another side that hates economic differences and hence prolly doesn’t like BTC either. Like you have to vote for 1 broad idea or the other, but neither address’ your specific concerns the way you want. America might be the best at lots of things (at least at making weapons) but they sure aren’t the best at democracy.

4 Likes

That should be “WILL BE” and not “could be”

Another issue is that the meta data of the document will contain the login account meta data which could include the student’s name and grade and maybe teacher’s/school names as well. So if any document is shared online then that info is available for anyone to see.

4 Likes

“Facebook is embedding tracking data inside photos you download. <…> Shocking level of tracking.”

https://twitter.com/oasace/status/1149181539000864769

18 Likes

Bill Gates on a speech told the audience how many pictures there had been exchanged by his users…remember that?

3 Likes

When people see the extent of the surveillance, I think they’re going to be shocked

11 Likes

Big congratulations to @pierrechevalier83 today!

Can’t wait to see how you promote the safe network by changing some Twitter algorithms :joy::pray:

27 Likes

Or trying to moderate @realDonaldTrump a bit.

3 Likes

Looks like twitter will be one of the first apps to be powered by the safenet.

Having an ex-maidsafe employee really would increase SAFENetwork visibility at twitter?

6 Likes