What’s up today? (Part 1)

3 Likes

As we are getting closer to alpha Fleming the importance to reach more high volume exchanges increases. From experience a project that lost cryptopia as the main exchange and only had tradesatoshi, that project is almost dead, instead of 1-2 btc in trade volume they dropped to 0-300$ volume/day and the price did a negative 10-30x.

Hope that we can focus on large trade volume exchanges and that Bitrex international eco-system or similar can be achieved.

I dont use any dex presently. And know little about them.
Some were discussed in the pdc thread that led me to believe some contracts are not so safe, allowing the contract maker to possibly withdraw the tokens.
Is ether delta contract safe to use with that in mind, who controls the contract?
And is it an issue that the sec are involved with them, possibly.

Thanks

Imagine if we would lose Poloniex than…

Yes we all can imagine, you’d likely have to start looking for another hobby.

Any somewhat competent investor/speculator knows that in Crypto total failure is a very real risk, in many ways an accepted and expected one. Not many whinge, whine and complain around here because they get that.

Here’s a nice little reality check, Exchanges delisting, listing or whatever, the market doesn’t improve this year, then yes, your staring at additional funding being needed to get us over the line. Ouch, does that make you panic? I’d expect it would…

Perhaps the market props back up, maybe Fleming gives the reserves a kick but then again maybe neither of those things happen.

No one can really control any of the above and how it all plays out so why bother worrying about it? That’s a genuine question, why? Do you need an early exit?

My end, I’m only concerned with this project being delivered and being delivered right. Peoples lives are actually going to depend on this. If it means VC money comes in at the end so be it.

Let Poloniex delist (yeah the crowd here won’t like this) and let this project stay the heck away from the real forces that can damage and kill it until it’s ready for Johnny Developer to really let loose on.

The attitudes now entrenched in humans (personal greed and a lack of humanity) are the real danger to this project not a token price or a lack of friggin funding.

11 Likes

I’m not too sure about ether delta personally, although @bzee mentioned in the PDC thread that the contract could be cancelled and/or the fees raised at any point.

2 Likes

The test run in Uganda must have been going well because Binance is getting into fiat for reals.

1 Like
2 Likes

Some might call this poetic justice

7 Likes

@nicklambert you probably already know them, but just in case: https://dtr.org :slight_smile:

DTR is a non-profit research foundation based in Switzerland. We fund advances in technology, enabling scalable distributed trust systems.

3 Likes

I hadn’t heard of them Povilas, but thanks for sharing, I’ll check them out.

1 Like

More woes for Ethereum

This is a pretty big deal, these things are literally everywhere. If it’s a full rollout, buying bitcoin will be on par with buying milk.

5 Likes

Woh! That’s friggan nuts!

1 Like

A year ago this kind of news would have sent BTC into space.

2 Likes
21 Likes

Julia Reda - German´s European Parliament member says:

Article 13 is almost finished – and it will change the internet as we know it

https://juliareda.eu/2019/01/article-13-almost-finished/

1 Like

It is fubar. This isn’t for the common person. It is for the big corporations. My only hope is that it is impossible to enforce.

1 Like

I’m afraid that’s not how it works. Companies can’t afford to be liable so all it takes is enforcing the law a few times and everybody will fall in line. Of course, this will depend on the fines. Banks have been disregarding laws for a long time because it’s still more profitable to pay up the few times they are caught publicly enough that they can’t bribe themselves out of it than to refuse to serve the cartel or a dictator. I’m just not so sure YouTube covers or fanart are similarly profitable.

It seems Article 13 isn’t going so smoothly:

5 Likes