What’s up today? (Part 1)

I find smart people are more prone to this in general too. They believe they are smart and know how everything works and what is best for everyone else. However, it takes real wisdom to step back and realise that you cannot possibly know how everything works and how everyone should behave.

Distributed systems discourage such people from acting on their instincts to manipulate and control others. They may continue to tell everyone they are wrong, but who cares when it is futile, right?

We have lived through a time of tremendous progress and some have become intoxicated and deluded by it. It wasn’t all that long ago that some science was considered blasphemy. There is a chance that the current period of centralised control is also coming to an end to.

@dugcampbell referred to a growing desire for people to take sovereignty again in yesterday’s podcast*. I don’t think this stops at digital sovereignty and it is growing in appeal. I hope to see an era where there is more freedom to associate with others, on our own terms.

11 Likes