What’s up today? (Part 2)

Must be an American thing :woozy_face:

2 Likes

This one slipped by me last month - posted it in the censoship thread, but too important to not link here. This is the foot in the door for AI to control speech on social media.

https://forum.autonomi.community/t/contemporary-censorship-theory-and-practice/36709/89?u=tylerabeojordan

2 Likes

Not to worry until $ is followed by a B. $550K might rent a small unfurnished office in DC.

2 Likes

Exactly, that’s basically a joke amount of money.

In any case, they won’t be able to mandate censorship on platforms. It goes against the first amendment of the Constitution.

1 Like

Top Pfizer research director spill the been on vax side effects, most relevant pice of news this year imho (posting here as the correct tread is no longer so visible in the forum)

Hidden cam recording

1 Like

We’ve used roadway in Australia for a very long time. Use depends on context

We call the streets roads as well. “Drive down the road” is what is said most times “Drive down the street” less times.

1 Like

I think the ironic thing is they say “hit US roadways” which makes one think these things drive all over the place when the reality is they are limited to a single ~1 km route and max speed of 30mph with employees inside iirc. So roadways plural is even a stretch.

Where I live in a very rural area 8-12 year old neighbor kids routinely zoom around the “public roadways” on mini motorcycles (in violation of law, but hey who’s policing out in the sticks?). This seems about that level of mastery… one tiny step above driving in a vacant parking lot.

Well like all new media, gotta make it sound bigger than it is.

The cars will do highway speeds, and just restricted to small distances during tests.

We had tests being done in a university campus years ago and then moved to another Uni later on. I did not follow up the results of the studies of the long term study/tests. Western Australia Uni if I remember correctly.

In Australia with large rural properties (A few lager than the state of Texas LOL) it is common for “Bush Bashers” to be driven by the kids at all sorts of speeds. A Bush Basher is an old car in all sort of conditions, often with panel work crushed or removed including doors

sounds like me growing up. At around age 12 I was driving (on ranch dirt roads) a Datsun 1200 that my older sister had managed to roll while avoiding hitting a deer. So the top was crumpled, no windshield etc. I wanted an upgrade, so I managed to buy a second Datsun 1200 for $30 with a bad motor. I swapped the engines, and I was feeling pretty stylish. Only prob was that I’d had to cut the hydraulic clutch hose during the swap and lacked resources/initiative to get a replacement. So for a year or two, I would park that thing on a hill, pop the clutch to start it, and I could drive around pretty good in 2nd and even shift into 3rd without clutch at the right rpms. no reverse though. #goodtimes.

4 Likes

15 posts were merged into an existing topic: Ukraine

49 posts were merged into an existing topic: Ukraine

3 Likes

We could use a whole topic for election meddling/tampering/manipulation … there’s really sooo much stuff.

4 Likes

issues solved!
The 3S! is available to try!
v0.0.8 prerelease The 3S! Safe Smoothie Solution

4 Likes

Democracy is a joke, luckily Cambridge Analytica and this Guardian post bring people closer to…

AI will just bring more comedy, as it gets more difficult to idea it online

3 Likes

Could be an interesting ruling:

2 Likes

Troo dat…

The Scottish experience in 2014 being a case in point - from ballot stuffing to missing ballot boxes, absentee voting by holiday home owners and attempted ethnic cleansing by white settlers forcing native Scots out of their own areas by manipulating property prices. Selling a brick-built shithouse in Streatham will buy you a nice semi in Stirling or anywhere in the Highlands and most of the Borders.

2 Likes

3 Likes
2 Likes