What’s up today? (Part 2)

Were capable of greatness, but were held back by lesser minds only interested in gains.

1 Like

^short term gains!

Individually and in small groups. Are there any countries run in a manner that can be defined as greatness?

1 Like

GPT-5000 is on the prowl.

4 Likes

Event Horizon:

Will You Be Replaced? The Jaw-Dropping Impact of ChatGPT and Emerging AI with Shawn Presser

3 Likes
1 Like

A big part of the southern europe having higher life expectancy in my opinion is that families stay together much more which adds to social interaction and overall happiness in old age. Northern countries earn more but emphasize is on work and often living away from family.

4 Likes

I agree and there is good evidence for that view. See for example Love and Survival by Dr Dean Ornish.

He carried out and collected research that showed dramatic changes in life expectancy, health and disease recovery rates (heart, cancer etc) were correlated with a variety of social factors including family, community, friendships, illness support groups and connection with animals such as owning a dog.

These weren’t marginal effects, I’ve never read about more dramatic effects in health.

1 Like

On the Origin of Time: Stephen Hawking’s final theory - out soon.

Exciting - sounds in tune with David Bohm - important for humanity not just physics.

“…a new philosophy of physics that rejects the idea that the universe is a machine governed by unconditional laws with a prior existence, and replaces it with a view of the universe as a kind of self-organising entity in which all sorts of emergent patterns appear, the most general of which we call the laws of physics”

1 Like

It will be nice to see SNT outpace all others in the future :wink:

4 Likes

Hedera Hashgraph patenting a distributed database design. Came to find it reading about their decentralized key recovery to make recovering lost crypto keys simple.

The article I was reading made it sound like this is the first time this was being done but I’m pretty sure EOS had tackled simple key recovery a few years ago at this point. Would love to see simple key recovery be standard and luckily Jim has been all over the design for SN so things should be bright for us.

4 Likes

Someone made a website that uses GPT-4 to answer questions about the Solana validator, based on the Solana validator GitHub repository. Same concept can be used with any other GitHub repository

Description of the process in Twitter post

3 Likes

Turns out there are many @happybeing s :slight_smile:

what does CNN say? “For the sixth year in a row, Finland is the world’s happiest country, according to World Happiness Report” @Toivo :slight_smile:

Finland is probably happy because they can see how bad Russia is, so they feel blessed with what they have.

1 Like
1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :coffee: :coffee:

2 Likes

Could be they are not part of NATO……yet?

1 Like

“There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics.”

Mark Twain

3 Likes