What’s up today? (Part 1)

Very interesting and alarming at the same time

1 Like
2 Likes

I’m no fan of Tommy Robinson but has he just beat the BBC at their own game?

1 Like

Fortunately more people from within the media itself are starting to speak out:

6 Likes

Some SAFE chats and beers! :wink:

https://www.meetup.com/SAFE-Network-Cordoba/events/259270022/

8 Likes

if you have an account at Coinbase, there is a promotion right now 10$ free BAT tokens:

https://www.coinbase.com/earn/basic-attention-token/lesson/1/

2 Likes

Not a TB of storage, but no more complaining about a too small battery:

Edit:

5 Likes

I’d prefer an additional battery pack that can hug the phone and be easily separated. That way the phone+pack can be much slimmer and by having multiple of these you can get how ever many days you want if away from chargers.

The phones of today are now becoming too heavy again, and to add a large battery is going to be too much.

5 Likes

When your social ranking set your freedom level What the hell… i do not want to watch the world turning into this

12 Likes

I like it a lot, firefox but better

2 Likes

Four Corners on the ABC (Aussie ABC - public broadcaster) did a report on this and exposed this and even did an interview with one who was in this situation. He had like 400 odd in his social score. Just under half way.

Things like buying one bottle too much of alcohol reduces your score. J-walking reduces your score. Buying nappies increases your score since it shows you as responsible.

During the testing phrase they choose one province of China where they have been taking facial photos of everyone (20 to 100 images) using many angles so their systems can recognise the person from any angle. The show also showed the 10-20 cameras on traffic light poles and cameras in the stores, street corners etc so they can follow people and who they interact with (can affect score)

They also interviewed a couple (well-to-do) with a child and how they were very much in favour of the system and saw it as having great benefit to chinese society. Then 4 corners showed the man who could not travel outside the area he lived in.

3 Likes
6 Likes
1 Like

Scary! Sounds like minority report! :no_mouth:

4 Likes

People will modify their behaviour but in unhappy ways. This cartoon was on my Facebook feed, sums it up well I think.

9 Likes

Here a more detailed article:

6 Likes

Anyone from France able to confirm the following?

Can’t have the safenetwork go live soon enough.
Feels like a race against time. The safenetwork is very necessary.
Bit of a weight on the dev team, eh?

1 Like

Here is a news report using material from the 4 corners report. It summaries the 1/2 hour show

EDIT: Here is the 4 corners report

EDIT2: Maybe they should buy these glasses that reflect back light from flashes/IR cameras

8 Likes

That’s pretty alarming @neo
I mean, why? Why the mankind wants to prove his foolishness at all costs?

2 Likes