What’s up today? (Part 1)

8 Likes

Hey! Ants! :wink:

8 Likes

Am I wrong in thinking that the use of Quic/UDP on the old Internet is going to be helpful for Safe Network anonymity? – As SN also uses Quic/UDP and thus will blend into the background more.

Specifically the network anonymity, not individual anonymity.

5 Likes

I don’t know

I would like to know the answer to your question though, maybe it’s better to ask Robin

Who knows he might consequently take a look at the SAFE Network

6 Likes

Privacy. Security. Freedom

3 Likes

15 Likes

https://twitter.com/liron/status/1551738599254773765?t=fg0DeDusVhShQ6MUtaeW3w&s=19

7 Likes

Keet a secure p2p communications app built on Holepunch, a new p2p application framework (to be released):

https://twitter.com/mafintosh/status/1551509569955938307

7 Likes

Interesting, does anyone know where the source code is?

3 Likes

Here’s Matthias’ GitHub, not looked properly so I don’t know if it’s there. He created and maintained the node module for FUSE and a good guy I think. I haven’t followed his p2p work closely but think he’s been working in this for at least a couple of years.

1 Like

anyone interested to try keet with me?

here is the room address:

punch://jc38t9nr7fasay4nqfxwfaawywfd3y14krnsitj67ymoubiezqdy/ykuj7ie5i3nnu43huhbqjj4cihgx7gacpfbuqnjxshb1p9i9tgkdie9tnc4f8zibcmjrsrcdr7xfm4jr8h1rq3aa577gyi3bupteuhfcyry99ezzfa7aryeyybymiog87kwehtnaxc4nqobep1e41fer9z9dqkzxhpaq76i5yr4ijt6xr65i1jkujddrej588dgcigrd3cpisjdbjwoc8yzw615tuhg4ba

edit: I was watching a podcast, rid get in again if you wanna test it now!

nice to talk to you southside!

keet seems cool, it works as intended!

3 Likes

Keet is neat

2 Likes

oooooh - sorry >.<

Why just do one … when you can DO ALL THREE!! mmmhahahaha!

2 Likes

js optimisers do that (one line code)

2 Likes

Hey Dimitar, thanks for posting David’s interview article. Was a good find when I opened the other article about MaidSafeCoin price uptick. Any new info from David is welcome! Any exposure is good publicity at this point.

4 Likes

Long lead times for security audits…

2 Likes

As reported in @goindeep’s interview, David has been planting some trees in his copious spare time (several per day according to my calculations).

I so admire people who buy some land and do stuff like plant trees. One of my ex’s parents did exactly this and I planted one of the 5,000 indigenous trees which are now a small woodland.

Today I moored at a new spot and took the dog to explore a footpath. At one point it started to feel like one of those paths which pass through a private garden and I noticed a sign pointing to a bird hide, inviting passers by to drop in. Inside it promised sight of birds, insects and Badgers, and contained natural exhibits like a large grass snake skin, and even something to take away for free - a dragon fly larvae skin preserved in resin. A notice suggested taking the circular walk around the whole area - noted for next time!

I browsed the photos and charts on the walls, the books of sightings, and read a little book of photos cataloguing the process of buying and establishing this small private nature reserve over the last twenty years. The planting of thousands of trees, building ponds for newts, insects and birds, and building starter tunnels to encourage Badgers.

By now I was in tears because this kind of venture really touches me. I admire people who feel this way about nature (like me) but who can also put their love of nature into action and change. They show the best is still there in us humans and inspire others.

Suddenly, I notice that my dog Vida has run out of the hide and is barking at an old man with a stick (as she does with strangers because she’s bred to guard sheep alone in the mountains). Are you Richard, I asked, and of course he was - one of the wonderful couple who have turned an ordinary field into a precious, hidden gem loved by anyone lucky enough to stumble on it - because it’s not advertised or reported online anywhere that I could find when I got back to my boat.

Here’s to Richard and Ennis who have created a little bit of heaven in Gloucestershire, but not only that, decided it would be “churlish” not to invite passing walkers to enjoy it. And to everyone who helps nature in whatever way they can, even if we can’t all do quite as much!

17 Likes

The article here says it will move to open source at the end of the year.

2 Likes

5 Likes