What’s up today? (Part 1)

Magnanimous as ever Rich, the inventor of Svelte(Kit) JS (is English you know :face_with_monocle:). Another new kid that might be worth a look:

2 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

Interesting and IMO worrisome on many levels – even a tax on airdrops!?

I’m sure it will be good for some, but for the little guy I’m guessing just more coerced bending-over for the State.

1 Like

Uk has had tax on airdrops for a while.
Always seemed reasonable to me tax wise, if you get it for free and sell it at profit why wouldnt you be taxed.

2 Likes

Not a question for me as I’m against ALL forms of extortion - it’s morally repugnant. I was simply surprised that a pro-crypto republican (Cynthia Lummis) would even go there. But you just never know what to expect with a politician do you.

3 Likes

Maybe a “pay before install” function in an :ant:droid OS, could stop this nonsense.

If the user could set a price in SAFE and receive the payment on their NRS, this would make it costly to just install on every phone…

Hihi would be even funnier if they have to guess the amount that they have to pay and pay over and over again till they get the right amount.

2 Likes
3 Likes

The Internet is Made of Demons - Damage writing gets a bit garbled at one or two moments, but definitely thought-provoking. Ten minute read, with quotes like this one:

“Every platform comes with metrics; you can precisely quantify how well-received your thoughts are by how many likes or shares or retweets they receive. For almost everyone, the game is difficult to resist: they end up trying to say the things that the machine will like. For all the panic over online censorship, this stuff is far more destructive. You have no free speech—not because someone might ban your account, but because there’s a vast incentive structure in place that constantly channels your speech in certain directions.”

5 Likes

Data protection interest can spring from alsorts of change… and does not work in reverse. Default safe.

3 Likes
1 Like
8 Likes

I’m strangely tempted by their Pinecil soldering iron Pinecil Soldering Iron Portable Mini USB Interface for Constant Temperature. | eBay

I was looking for a portable soldering iron for the car but so far been unimpressed with what I’d seen.

5 Likes

Don’t know if it’ll help, but why not? If you are a US citizen, you can now push to stop war in Yemen.

833-STOP-WAR (connects directly to your congressman)

2 Likes

You can buy these already, I got two years ago on the usual chinese online shopping sites and seeed.

They are just rebranding an opensource project. And you can even buy different skins (cases) to put on them and different tips. Got a cute sponge for cleaning the tip, a wrist strap and something else but forgotten

Caught this radio show on my drive home the other day, I thought hit was useful listen given recent forum discussions, and the nature of this project:

3 Likes

I like that series - giving it a listen now