What’s up today? (Part 1)

Guess who RT’d this tweet! :tada::pray:

8 Likes
4 Likes
8 Likes

@19eddyjohn75 any podcasts you could recommend that follow the bleeding edge of tech? Whether nano tech, carbon, quantum computing, bio hacking, transhumanism, space exploration, sustainability, etc. would appreciate!

1 Like

Sorry @nigel for my late reply, had to sleep SAFE and long.

Unfortunately I don’t have a list, just happened to be obsessed with the cutting edge and randomly come across the bleeding edge.

Two minute papers, is for AI related
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=two+minute+papers

Popsci

Maybe it would be fun if we collectively made a list, because I’m really clueless when it comes to the matter. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I guess to start

YouTube

Podcasts
Singularity.FM

I’ll add more when I can think of more.

2 Likes

Not a podcast, but Next Big Future website is pretty good.

3 Likes

Who’s in control?.. not the user…

9 Likes

Building apps in Svelte(Kit) just got even more interesting: full node apps which run in the browser faster than native, but without the security risks of npm packaging.

https://twitter.com/ericsimons40/status/1461870343686000642

4 Likes

Tesla is both centralized and decentralized.

I don’t need to travel under the yoke of the oil companies, I can charge the car at home with solar, which is 99.9% of the time, and yet a tesla is soon to be a semi autonomous robot, with big brother collecting data all the time, etc. Interesting dichotomy.

The one thing to be sceptical of is mainstream media, who live on ICE ads and oil and gas money, and blow up every little thing negative about the company. Their continual campaign to destroy Tesla has not succeeded. Tesla has won this battle already, through creative destruction.

Tesla seems to be doing a lot of good for the planet. But it does feel sinister at the same time, like any tech that centralizes its control.

Tesla gives us new, never before known freedom, and a new, and uncertain from of control. It will be interesting to see how the Safe Network may play a role in this industry in the future.

3 Likes

Yes, it is interesting that Tesla seems to get a free pass when it comes to personal data gathering. Even when they unabashedly reveal the extent to which they have knowledge of your driving patterns whenever they have to analyze the cause and details of a car crash for the NTSB. I have to admit, as a fellow Tesla driver, it doesn’t really bother me like the intrusiveness of the social media platforms. I am not sure why.

Maybe it’s because their intent is apparently benevolent whilst the other is clearly self-serving.

1 Like

:grimacing:

If the choice is whether to be controlled by the technocrat or the drunk driver on the highway, I’ll take the technocrat.

3 Likes

I’ll take democracies. Impractical? No.

To each his own. And, yes, democracy on the highways is impractical . . . and dangerous.

1 Like

Sophistry. Of course highways are administered by democracies. Unfortunately you don’t see many police on them around where I live, but it always amazes me that there aren’t more crashes.

1 Like

Wait until you find out what the mining industry does.

Privacy. Security. Freedom

1 Like
6 Likes

29,50 euro to order a print copy, and free for pdf or epub download. An attempt at joining different threads related to hacking, whistleblowing, activism, journalism, transparency, anonymity, art, etc. Have only read the pieces from Reality Winner’s mother Billie-Jean, Barrett Brown and Lauri Love so far, but it’s been very interesting. Strongly recommended.

2 Likes