What’s up today? (Part 1)

SEC has charged Ripple.

4 Likes

Interesting, any idea who they polled?
I’m gonna assume they were ppl into crypto not just random ppl.

2 Likes

People tend to underestimate the power of exponential. Crazy estimates tend to be dismissed, but are often closer to reality than reserved estimates.

If Bitcoin has done anything less than doubled in 2021, I will be stunned. I would expect 5x at least, tbh.

5 Likes

Deutsche Bank’s chief credit strateigst, Jim Reid, writes, “central banks have driven us here and in turn have also driven Bitcoin to the spectacular year.”

It’s also why in an addendum to his latest monthly survey, Reid explicitly asked Deutsche Bank’s clients around the globe where they thought bitcoin would end 2021.

3 Likes

The Bitcoin is going to reach point 3. Great times of Bitcoin still ahead.

2 Likes

If I’m correct, this is based on that failed stock trader’s ideas, whatshisname.

1 Like

Max Keiser exposes the new cases for bitcoin:

3 Likes

Interesting watch. I’ve not followed max for a while since he changed his YouTube channels about. Watched a bit of orange pill, but they are a very long format (hours!).

It is a compelling argument though. Bitcoin has gone from a fiat money escape route to becoming a challenger for the global reserve currency status. The more fiat they print, the more they are playing into bitcoin’s hands.

They will never raise rates substantially either. It is a one way plan. Credit is supposed to expand and contract, just as people breath in and out. You can’t inhale forever, yet central banks around the world seem to have been attempting that trick for the last couple of decades.

Massive inflation seems to be coming down the pipe and if bitcoin becomes dominant and a viable alternative for commerce, in could descend into hyper inflation. People rejecting fiat leads to that scenario, which is growing more plausible by the year.

4 Likes

Paypal’s entry into bitcoin is supposed to allow you (in the US only so far) to be able to pay anyone with bitcoin (paypal converts on the fly). The negative issue there is you won’t hold keys nor are you allowed to pull BTC from paypal without converting into fiat first. Even so, could help to open up the space.

Yes, PayPal is an interesting development. Limited in many ways, but big exposure. A lot of websites accept PayPal too.

With bitcoin being unwieldy for small payments (fees mostly), a custodian account is probably the only way to make it workable. Lightning was supposed to help on that side, but it has gone pretty quiet on that front, especially as nodes need to be online.

Regardless, displacing fiat as reserve currency is the big play here. Big, international, trades such as oil, etc. Even pension funds switching to bitcoin instead of bonds, treasuries, gilts, etc.

I have wondered whether safe network could provide a lightning layer which does not need to be online. I.e. not on chain, not online, but on safe instead. Long term safe network tokens may play a more direct role, but something that makes bitcoin work well for small transactions is a big deal in itself.

3 Likes

May be worth a moment.

4 Likes

I guess I finally have a reason to get a coinmarketcap account! :wink:

3 Likes

It’s not when Moon anymore, it’s when Mars … It’s not when Lambo anymore, it’s when Lambo gigafactory.

2 Likes

There has been some talk recently.

8 Likes

While many see PayPal’s Bitcoin model as “un-pure”, fact is it will expose millions of people to an easy way to dip their toes into the Bitcoin waters.

My guess is that when such people see the value of their Bitcoin balance rising over time, compared to their fiat balance, they will be tempted to convert more fiat funds into Bitcoin.

This in turn will persuade many to dig deeper into Bitcoin and ultimately to sell their Bitcoin within PayPal in order to buy it again on an exchange and hold it in their own wallets.

5 Likes

I added telegram channels to the international Safe sites:

3 Likes
1 Like

Interesting new storage tape from IBM and Fujitsu. The new tape can achieve a storage capacity of 317 gigabytes per square inch, which means a single tape is capable of storing 580 terabytes of data.

Not sure how relevant tape technology may be for Safe farmers, but pretty cool anyway.

2 Likes