What’s up today? (Part 1)

I wonder how botnets would be shut down when they use a SAFE MD in place of the C&C server(s)…

Just a thought

I guess by the time botnets are using SAFE the network is global and malware detectors will be available. Then we could see various client software that also are malware detectors and these C&C MDs would be blacklisted in the client.

2 Likes

Areas of impact for us to think about include innovative applications for… applications. :wink:

I like this example and I like how it helps me to change the way I think about what and how to build on SAFE and Solid:

4 Likes
1 Like

Thanks for the insight, @neo. I was thinking as well that nodes would have to be the points of failure. But is there a scenario where a majority of nodes could fail as a result of a similar or modified attack was the question I left with before I could fully proclaim that the Safe Network is the solution in cases such as these.

Ipv6 can be tenuous for some countries

1 Like

Sounds good

2 Likes

BTC Price jump incoming? :slight_smile:

Anyone knows a reliable debit card for cryptos that has global acceptance?

1 Like

Square, is that a competitor of Circle(owner of Poloniex)?
Edit: yes and Square was founded first…

1 Like

@tobbetj Hope that :muscle:
@draw I think they’re a bit different. Circle develops a platform in order to let users exchange money
Square is a bit more oriented towards businesses. They work on products like terminals etc. So restaurants and locals can accept every coin, even crypto
(Just my 2 cents. Hope to have not lost something. Correct me please if i’m wrong on something)

2 Likes

Just for clarification, I assume you mean either an add-on to the client or separate client that uses safe as a reference client?

I don’t feel that blacklisting should be an option to the base reference client in any form.

And wouldn’t the malware ship with its own modified client anyway? Even if I ran an add-on that blocked requests to known c&c MD’s, I don’t see how that would stop a request via a malware shipped package.

Thoughts?

Makes sense. Use an internal blockchain to track payments, use a new one every month to keep the size down. File last month’s blockchain for accounting purposes.

1 Like

Makes no sense. If it’s managed by them, then why a blockchain? They could just use a good ole RDBMS and it would be faster and cheaper. But no, it has to be a blockchain because, BLOCKCHAIN :open_mouth: And this, dear friends, is how hype leads companies to make idiotic decisions.

4 Likes

Whats happening today?
I’ll tell yeez whats happening… My F5 button is wore out looking for word on the network reset, thats whats happening.

Offers of relacment keyboards most welcome…

especially ones where the ‘p’ works too…

4 Likes

Definitely.

The idea is people like Avast, Mcafee etc would fork the client and add the malware checking. Or the official client could be written so that addons can be made so that one could install whatever addon they want.

Quite possibly, but then the malware detector would detect it in memory just as they do now for malware running.

Anyhow these were just thoughts for further exploration or to be dismissed as not useful thoughts :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes
19 Likes

Quite long article I found a lot more interesting than the intro might suggest…

7 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes