What’s up today? (Part 1)

1 Like

SAFE is the name. Network is optional. 4 letter name … beats from everywhere 8 letter :lol:

3 Likes

[SOLVED] Can anyone who’s familiar with the Maidsafe Rust code help with this?

3 Likes
3 Likes

A collaboration between the Electronic Frontier Foundation and the University of Nevada, Reno Reynolds School of Journalism, the Atlas of Surveillance offers an omnibus look not only at what technologies law enforcement agencies deploy, but where they do it.

4 Likes

There’s gold in them there SAFE Networks!

You just, gots, to go, mine it!

7 Likes

Deep fakes…

3 Likes
1 Like

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Twitter multiple high ranking accounts hacked. We need decentralized apps!

4 Likes

“Probably By Year End” - Alasdair Macleod Warns “The Dollar Is On Its Way To Zero”
Zerohedge

because… ~“the gold market is extremely dangerous … at some point soon, they are going to have to deliver physical gold they do not have.”

Also, I always thought gold was a scam… the buyers and sellers take a cut that is just greedy beyond just use as money… almost pyramid in the way it sucks buyers in without an out that is costly… overall on average… obviously there are exceptions that get lucky - inflicting the loss on the whole… but that is not good money.

3 Likes

The US is failing in all the ways…

6 Likes

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed a significant increase of ants in images related to blockchain articles lately.

I swear I am not imagining it!!

7 Likes

https://www.millionairesforhumanity.com/

1 Like

a few days back there were flying ants everywhere in London
had me wondering again about how tasks like search can be distributed… because a small fraction of the task doesn’t answer the whole question … complexity can arise from simple elements but breaking down something complex into something simple, not so obvious.

2 Likes

It would be so super fun if @maidsafe devs had this luxury

4 Likes

or copper or tungsten… coated they all look the same… but can you eat them?.. the winners are the dealers - others are just funding them. That’s why they pump it so hard because people are not just buying it.

Even central banks are moving away from gold to digital coinage… Bank of England too. Likely they know the gold market cannot be relied on even if it is physical… probably nation states that did the original fraud… it’s not a market for individual investors.

3 Likes

Random thought, could SAFENetwork play a big part in the new economy.

The west is mostly an information and data economy, we don’t do manufacturing.
It’s becoming clear that jobs that deal with information don’t really need business premises any more.

There are currently worries that workers if they remain working from home will have a knock on effect and cause that “polo mint” recessions.

But! With a data farm at home, we could be looking at universal basic income through the back door.

Of course, people who are creators, actually put effort in and make things of value will be able to ask for more money - but they will need somewhere to store their data.
Here comes Joe Blogs, content with his lot, isn’t chasing riches but is happy to take part in the data economy by maintaining part of the infrastructure to gently row his boat down the stream.

SAFENetwork is really being completed at the right time.

7 Likes

Visible now from SW England - amazing sight.

Comet Neowise. A once in a lifetime sight, go look now in the N/W sky, not far above the horizon. Never seen anything like it!!!

8 Likes