What’s up today? (Part 1)

By being centralized

1 Like

https://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/3077604/firefox-critical-zero-day-flaw

5 Likes

How Will Facebook’s Libra “Blockchain” Really Work? | by Jameson Lopp | Medium Because I don’t feel like reading the Libra white paper.

Written in RUST. Not really a blockchain. Additional resource types are TBD. Not perfect for sure, but a great test-case, and you never know what it will evolve into.

I hope this will not make it harder to retain talent for MaidSafe by the way…

2 Likes

If it does, it may be wise for maidsafe to look for a buyer with more clout. The crypto space is moving quickly and if the big boys start moving in, I would expect more high profile acquisitions.

2 Likes

Adtech industry operating illegally, rules UK regulator

ICO says personal data widely used without consent and gives £200bn sector 6 months to comply

"The $200bn adtech industry, underpinned by Google, is operating illegally, according to a damning report from the UK’s data protection regulator on Thursday.

The Information Commissioner’s Office reviewed how adverts across the web are bought and sold in real-time auctions. It found that personal data are widely used in the process without any consent.

“Under data protection law, using people’s sensitive personal data to serve adverts requires their explicit consent, which is not happening right now,” said Simon McDougall, executive director for Technology and Innovation at the ICO.

“Sharing people’s data with potentially hundreds of companies, without properly assessing and addressing the risk of these counterparties, raises questions around the security and retention of this data.”

1 Like

well this ad thing was made before gdpr so actually its legal, or better it was legal, but with the new laws its made illegal to continue

A post was split to a new topic: Filecoin News - go-filecoin, Mining

1 Like

Censorship of conservative voices, that’s what’s up today. And will be up more tomorrow. These guys are crying out for the solution provided by the safe network.

1 Like
5 Likes

Anybody able to speak about this @TrisentLtd Company?

This is their website:

https://www.trisent.com/technology/

"Trisent’s 1-timeline is a data consolidation technology that gathers personal data from a variety of disparate sources automatically and enbles the user to view all their data on a single timeline. "

4 Likes
10 Likes

Well… Damn. I just put my order in for a 4GB model.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Exactly why it seems weird we have a big UX team in place before launch and working hard to ensure user experience is simple. The identity creation is being made very slick where your grannie can create an identity, tell you the public part (the only part she sees) and you create her identity, paying yourself a tiny amount. then her account creation is done and she has a tiny about of safecoin, but enough to start on her journey.

This will become very slick and then the SAFE eco-system should be obvious to her, she starts SAFE and can probably get on with simple apps like the browser and data manager. She may not want zingy apps, but she want to be able to store stuff, communicate and automatically login (auo create new identity for only that site etc.) to sites/apps etc. without revealing who she is.

This has always been super critical to SAFE but we have understandably focused a lot on backend. Our UX team are our secret weapon here and I am pretty confident they are already looking at not only a great UX as we know from the web, but a simple powerful UX that SAFE now allows.

[Edit I agree Libra will challenge money only networks very strongly. They still don’t have answer for all data, SAFE will have us all covered. I think Libra will show money only networks are not the answer, that single purpose is not enough, too many ways to do i t(POS, federated, permissioned etc etc.) . Money only is not a strong enough proposition nowadays. I for one welcome this as our approach is not to bring a knife to a gunfight, we bring the whole new Web to a a single purpose thing. If we get this right Libra will help launch SAFE… One for @dugcampbell I think. Our not so secret weapon :smiley: : ]

35 Likes

In the future, the data is more valuable than money, and the privacy of data is essential.

We must, on one hand, be able to put our personal data and data embodying intellectual property, national security intelligence, and so on, under careful protection, while on the other hand, we must enable the free flow of medical, industrial, traffic and other most useful, non-personal, anonymous data to see no borders, repeat, no borders.

In Society 5.0, it is no longer capital but data that connects and drives everything, helping to fill the gap between the rich and the less privileged. Services of medicine and education, from elementary to tertiary, will reach small villages in the Sub Saharan region. Girls who have given up going to school will see, beyond their own village, a wider horizon where the sky is the limit.

-Excerpt from the text-

6 Likes
1 Like