What is OUR solution to the byzantine generals problem?

This is the crux of my implied question. Is the SD deleted as happens when a coin is recycled when storage is bought.? Or is the SD just existing without an owner?

Yes it will be deleted, but not immediately. It will be ownerless for a while until it vanishes. So when such a double spend happens, it becomes null basically, but until it churns out of the network it will block any new coin for that time in that address. So yes it is deleted, but via churn as opposed to directly when recycling happens (when folk pay safecoin for resources).

4 Likes

Group Y is responsible for registering who holds coin Y. So that means;

• Safecoin 999 will be hold by the group responsible for coin 999. So it depends on which node is most close to 999 to determine the group of that node and that coin.
  • Safecoin 998 might be closer to a completely different node so it get’s a whole different group responsible for that coin.

So if you want to inflate the system by unlimited coin production you’re done quite fast. You need to take over every group from the perspective of that coin. And for every coin that’s a completely different group if we have enough users. Although with 430 million coins and 1 million user we might see that each node controls 430 coin with the help of 32 nodes. So if you could attack 1 group you could only create or destroy 430 coins.

The idea of sending other nodes a message saying: “Hi there, I’m evil, are you as well?” is impossible I think. If you use the tag_type from Safecoin it allows only an x-number of instructions to go from A to B. It might allow something like: this is my address > digital signature > signature of my close nodes > send 1 Safecoin from my address to this address.There’s no instruction to let 2 nodes on that tag_type communicate any text or other instructions. These instructions just get blocked/filtered out. A messaging protocol will use a completely different tag_type and address as well. So you can’t try to message the address involved in a certain Safecoin.

4 Likes