What impact will Quantum Computing have on blockchain limits?

Quick lit scan shows Q is a threat to block chain but what of the block chain running on Q with its benefits? Same question of how Q will enhance SAFE not just threaten it has to be asked.

SAFE is now being referred to as an autonomous data network. Can’t help it that sounds flat and non hierarchical leaderless as anytime you centralize past a certain point you begin to stack as is in hierarchy or servers or pushy leaders that can be taken out and act as bottlenecks and a centralized point of failure.

Will quantum computing solve block chains speed and scaliability and efficiency problems there by keeping it alive and causing it for what ever advantages it retains to be integrated into SAFE.
Or is this as silly a notion as think AI will save petrol and the power behind it instead of destroy it?

And while were on AI let me add my two cents that a system like SAFE could buy us more time on the run away path to SAI but that crypto will likely be useless against SAI because if malevolent or unsure of its disposition toward humanity will quickly social hack all human data systems and reverse the locks on all our systems as it changes the keys. Its no certain it would treat us with any more reverence than we do afterbirth, we were just a door way or one coincidental means in emergent complexity.

1 Like

Sorry I missed your post.

1 Like

my apologies - I deleted my post as I felt it was contributing nothing useful - .I dont know what Q refers to and I just mentioned that I had read that the Tangle solved the problem of quantum computing. I am totally unable to explain why - its a bit like learning a first phrase in a different language… My technical knowledge and understanding of computing are below basic and I was way out of my depth, as I am in nearly all the discussions here. if SAI means sentient AI - then I agree its development is a concern. The relationship between humans and computers is not exactly well mediated at present, if anything it seems like there is more and more pressure to fuse the two. Its hard not to envisage some kind of dystopian microfuture ahead, then again I have been watching black mirror lately and noone tells a twisted tale better than Charlie Brooker. He’s a great writer and technology critic - he started off his career doing gaming reviews 25 years ago. I think he’s really helping people consider what kind of relationship they really want to have with technology and to question the ethics surrounding AI & SAI Personally I am a staunch optimist and believe that everything is going to be ok, as baseless as that may seem sometimes - presently humans are honeymooning with tech. When it becomes less exciting there will be more room to question how integrated we really want to be after all. Personally I agree with Charlie and think neural implants would be the most terrible mistake ever made!
Again, I’m sorry I can’t offer anything more relevant than this tangential meander and I only hope I am correct and SAI is an acronym for Sentient Artificial Intelligence> Otherwise this post is alot worse than my last :scream:

1 Like

No worries. If you get a chance try Nick Bostrom’s book Super Intelligence. Its good in Audio. Also Tom Campbell’s “My Big TOE” for digital physics. Campells books are a little older but still seem like they came from way in the future.

1 Like

Thank you that is very helpful I will read both books and much appreciate the directions as I was lost at where to begin :anchor:

1 Like