What do we call things to avoid confusion?

I hate to let go of Project SAFE at this point, but recent experience has shown that it is too much distinction to introduce to new people, adds confusion.

So I’ve already renamed my site to Crossroads of the SAFE Network and will change my verbiage.

I also see that you’ve already linked safenetwork.org thru to projectsafe.community, so we can start using safenetwork.org as a pointer, till the data is migrated. Cheers!

And I DO want one of those new t-shirts when they are produced! :sunglasses:

8 Likes

I like SAFE Network way better that Project SAFE. Safenet would even be better IMHO. Just like Usenet. But I’ll go with SAFE Network if others agree to that one.

5 Likes

I always thought Project Safe was the community and the Safe Network was the protocol.

For example Project Safe is building the Safe Network.

1 Like

I agree: SAFE Network, with safenetwork.org as the main website which gives access to info, forum, wiki and any other community resources, ideally all under one website banner and menu/tab structure rather than links to separate domains or subdomains, each with different navigation.

So as far as possible, a seamless experience in terms of UI navigation. I realise it may be hard or impractical to have everything under one web UI (the forum for instance) but where it works its may be preferable.

4 Likes

Yes, I will try to keep a consistent UI navigation :smiley:

For the forum I can do something similar to try.discourse.org (notice the header navbar that is consistent with the main site).

For safenetwork.wiki, news.safenetwork.org and chat.safenetwork.org, I won’t easily be able to do that, but we can probably find a solution that’s good enough.

2 Likes

I am impressed with this community on a daily basis. It is an honor and educational to witness this revolution. Thank you for all of your efforts.

6 Likes

This IS what was meant. But recent experience and input from others has convinced me that the distinction is lost on most and so just causes confusion. We can refer to the SAFE Network community and be more easily understood than Project SAFE.

6 Likes

Yup…Safe Network for me, I think everyone will refer to it as safenet though, ,but that’s not a problem…it’s natural…still needs to be called Safe Network. Project Safe gives no indication whatsoever about what it might be all about.
PS The answer to the thread is “Signs”.: :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks, Al.

I would like to punch up one thing, not just for you but for all who haven’t made the habit:

SAFE Network is not any harder to type than Safe Network. General consensus is to capitalize SAFE because of its acrimonious . . . uh . . . acronyminous . . . er . . . acropolitan . . . eek . . . value as an acryonym.

Don’t mean to be an ass about it, but in this case I consider it my job to be pedantic.

Do what you wish, of course. There’s no command value here, just a marginally polite request. :sunglasses:

8 Likes

Agree, in my humble opinion it should be SAFE Network.

1 Like

I kinda wish there was a better word than network.

Network is so 1990’s.

SAFE is actually more than a network in many ways. It is an Omnipresent Nirvana, everywhere and nowhere at the same time…

No word for that that I know of though. Maybe somebody could make one up.

It would be nice to have a new trademarkable name. I am going to put that on the ________.

But Safe Network is good enough. Could be better, but good enough.

Isn’t “MESH” the obvious word?

lol, yeah, very true. But from a marketing point of view, Network is an established concept. Not many people will misunderstand such word and its meanings, I guess.

I even think that in the end, everybody will call it (the) safenet, as follow up to (the) internet. And when that moment occurs, we can pop a bottle or two, since it has become mainstream. Long road to go, but I’m soooo waiting for that moment…! :slight_smile:

It still sounds better than the other 90s varient - Information Superhighway. Cringe!

2 Likes

What is the official font of the SAFE Network?

I think it should be Impact, because of the impact it will make on the world.

1 Like