What browser do you use apart from Chrome?

as neo suggested
It also makes visible how many third party scripts there are … way too many from the core site content. So, another advantage is faster browser. NoScript works well but is a case of one time action to acknowledge domains that are trusted. uMatrix on brave is better for apparently assuming the domain on the site visited and denying others by default.

2 Likes

Noscript now comes with a set of trusted domains. So out of the box things like google scripts are allowed

1 Like

Yeah… I removed those on whitelist to start from scratch… looked too much of those who track as third party. Default accept first party domain, is a risk but less trouble it seems.

1 Like

Same here. Although on some virtual machines I left it as default as it did not matter there.

I went from Firefox to Icecat yesterday.

Icecat is the main firefox clone competitor, created by the ideological GNU.

The whole “Mozilla firefox supports closed source third parties and tracking” thing has made the list of open source entirely confusing, but here it is:

• Waterfox (Icecat competitor)
  • Seamonkey (Firefox&Thunderbird clone)
  • Pale moon (old Firefox clone)
  • Basilisk (Pale moon clone)
  • IceApe (Seamonkey clone, dead)
  • IceWeasel (renamed to Icecat, dead)
1 Like

:thinking: I could do with a better option for email… Thunderbird search is almost unusable.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.