What About Governance?

Who said anything about voting with money? I think we have enough bright people on this forum to come up with some pretty awesome solutions that don’t include a 51% stake holder buying the direction of the network.

I do trust the devs today. I trust their current motives. That is not to say I always will trust those working on the code. As is the case with the current BitCoin fiasco and if @chrisfostertv is correct and Maidsafe becomes a competitive entity, what motivating factors will the “then devs” have?

Couldn’t disagree more. There will be changes needed and direction planned. @dirvine said himself he is interested in things such as Homomorphic Encryption. There will be other proposals for changes. Right now the safe network is focused on data. Someday I hope it includes processing. Core changes will be a real thing in the future as we learn new technologies and paradigms will be changed.

Are you suggesting that Maidsafe is a throw-away network once these new things are known? I am pretty sure you are not.

3 Likes