Website redesign ideas

Well it’s a conversation starter that’s for sure! Incidentally a designer friend I showed it to really liked it, saying it showcases MaidSafe’s ambitions to be new and bold.

1 Like

Thinking in terms of Launch and keeping marketing separate is spot on and Time to take back our Internet nails it as a rallying call.

I think you should go ahead and action what you’ve outlined together with someone you trust to deliver the message on screen

It makes sense for the founder to own the launch narrative.

1 Like

As long as we don’t go full MIGA. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I honestly hate the color palette, always have. I see no reason not to base the colors off the logo color, with more complimentary cool tones. It is much more pleasing to the eye, in my opinion. I realize the desire to stand out, make something different, etc., but I feel like my eyeballs are on fire when I look at it. After all, most early adopters will be a bunch of nerds, not art majors.

Website could be really simple. 99% of the people have only 1 question: “when lambo?”

1 Like
Website Design Poll for SafeNetwork.tech
  • Looks Fine To Me - Only Minor Improvements Needed
  • Major Redesign Needed
  • No Opinion

0 voters

I think that the poll should split “looks fine” and “minor improvements needed” into two separate options.

2 Likes

David, I think it’s important to note a few more things.

The intent of the network design is the eternal storage of information, but this depends only on the community and cannot be guaranteed. This is important to be present as information otherwise it is extremely misleading because there will be people who will upload important information and if they lose it, it will be very bad for them if they have read literally and do not have a copy.

It is also important to note that the token has a price in fiat, but no one can predict what the fiat price will be…

Yea, I know the intent of the network :smiley: :smiley: I cite Dropbox as an example of a system (limited to storage) that came from nowhere to millions of users and used this exact type of web site design.

Like any software/hardware/firmware system none can be guaranteed. Dropbox could and will go out of business one day, much like Google/Apple/Microsoft and their continuos “end of life” products.

1 Like

My thought was not about what we know. You and I know the risks. We talk about what is correct to be present on the site as information about the potential new user.

Do you mean always say nothing is guaranteed, ever, for any product or service?

Yes. This is right from a human point of view. There are people who are unable to understand even something as obvious as this, and those of us who understand it must help them understand it as well. There are really people who will come and ask for bitcoin from you in 5 years if you have not explicitly explained to them that they are buying a token and not shares in a company. You really have to explicitly point out the risks to these people, because not everyone understands them.

I agree, so with that, how prominent do you think it should be in a single button website? i.e. what percent of the page should be this warning?

It doesn’t have to be big - one link to Disclaimer, please read - up to the first button is enough in my opinion.

exactly, so like a privacy policy, terms and conditions link and so on. So just the typical footer links. I doubt that has much impact on the landing page content. So back to the start :wink:

I have translated the whole site and at the moment there is no such information and therefore I indicate that I personally consider it correct in the next version to have such information on the site.

I agree, but I think we are at cross purposes. I had thought you meant a single button website needs some large disclaimer as well as the button, but for sure where there are downloads available we will have such language.

To date we already have such disclaimers in 100% of our code that anyone downloads as source. We need to confirm when folk download any binary that this licence is also available to the downloader. (MIT/BSD and GPL licenses all have this disclaimer).

2 Likes