Watch this video! :)

It’s 40 mins, but well worth it, especially if you are a coder.

7 Likes

This was a great watch!! Thanks! Logo was my first language as well :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Southside will like this guy. Especially one of the reasons to visit Australia

“Its not England”

And a song for everyone

4 Likes

Very good but its not Kevin Wilson. – or even these guys

1 Like

I know not everyone is a fan of these two, but maybe give it a watch.

Basically the number one podcaster on the planet who also posts his casts to YouTube is flipping the tables leaving YouTube and ‘going to war’ with them because he’s sick to death of being censored. He signed a deal with Spotify and is moving to freedom loving Texas.

Sign that the tide is turning on the tech elites?

3 Likes

LMAO. This Aussie/Yank hybrid subscribed to the first channel after that. :sunglasses:

1 Like

The $100m he gets from Spotify has probably also something to do with it.

2 Likes

I don’t think Joe Rogan has to worry about millions more or less, his subscribers will follow him anywhere he goes. I think we should all migrate from youtube to lbry.com

Everyone should be allowed to broadcast, left, right, center. The choice is up to the listener what to listen to.

Can’t wait for SafeNetwork to launch
(today :laughing:)

5 Likes

He’s made 110 mil either this or last year so I don’t think money is an issue for him. If youre a fan you’ll be aware the amount of time he has to explain what they can and can’t do with YT. He’s spoken about similar things with Netflix saying he likes their style cos they just let you do whatever you want and the same for his local comedy show. I think he’s naturally not a big fan of being told what to do.

3 Likes

Ok, $100m is less big for him than it is for me and most other people. I said that it probably also has something to do with it (he is not doing it for free), not that it is the most important reason.
I’m sure he stipulated in his contract that Spotify can’t censore him (or at least not that easily).
I’ve watched some things of him (concerning MMA, some interviews) on Youtube, but if I’m going to have to pay Spotify (so that they can pay him): that won’t happen again. Certainly for things more out of his ‘expertise’ (sports etc)… But that is just me of course.

2 Likes

Would it not be more accurate said like this, if we need to pay Spotify more so that they can pay him… that will be an issue.
But if they are counting on a large percentage of his listeners signing up to cover the cost… who cares.

3 Likes

Could be, I’m not that familiar with Spotify.
You can listen to some stuff for free, or is that not the case anymore?
Could also be that they have to make everything more expensive, if growth doesn’t happen.
This is so often the case, like Dropbox. And this week Strava (which I also don’t have: nobody has to know how slow I am on the bike :wink: ).

2 Likes

Use osmand - more or less the same as Strava but private

5 Likes
7 Likes

Nice guy, I had lunch with him a few years back. He wanted to know more about SAFE. He is really hung op on not having a nobel prize, even back then. Super sharp fella though and I have met him since and he always says hi and has a wee chat. Very good man and we need more of them.

12 Likes

He and Tim deserve a joint Nobel. Vint doesn’t have the recognition he deserves, so I think that would be a good way to provide it.

6 Likes

Now I understand why he wants to keep destroying Zion two centuries later…

3 Likes

The commentary is really funny…

https://twitter.com/Mufaa6/status/1270834306089463809?s=09

3 Likes

Air pollution in the modern world

1 Like

A new way of mass producing Graphene.

5 Likes