Watch this video! :)

Now this seems interesting but scammy.

1 Like

Yes the claims seem to be overstated. I am more interested in the magnetic coupled gears. No contact.

I must admit that some of what they showed seem to have valid applications. The rotational ones with odd shaped interior do not seem to be as good as simple circular bearings. But the mechanisms that have non rotational motion (like the last one) might have worth, except the added complexity may work against the value.

But replacing gears, well they had better have some fancy stuff to compete. And I really do not get the sliding gears and think they are only talking of the small amount of sliding as the gear engages. Gears have many different types. Like the worm gears.

Another issue is the “V” pattern is increasing friction losses. So I’d need to get some hard figures on those things or I’ll just call them toys

EDIT: This guy has some interesting mechanisms to drive his robotic dog. James Bruton - YouTube

3 Likes

Is this just a really elaborate rickroll attempt?

11:43. I’m on a break, and Feynman is still doing it! Maybe put a line of tape over the “translation” though, it’s subtle and not-so-subtly wrong many times. His thoughts are worth meditating over, as often is the case.

3 Likes

I have an ear infection right now and am deafer than usual - so I rely a lot on the subtitles
I spotted “bustle” for “Bessel” but thats all so far.

I once met someone^ from JPL who had spent a fair amount of time with Feynmann at Caltech. He raved about him, his approachability, his humanity and his practical approach to problem-solving. And then there was the physics…

^ This guy - I could remember Jonathan but not his surname - it was 30+ yrs ago…

5 Likes

Nice to hear that about from a real link. It is hard to imagine him secretly being a jerk just from how he describes the world, and how seemingly sincerely excited he gets when he’s imagining things and describing them.

1 Like

Another totally uncontroversial share here - it’s 30m46.

I hadn’t actually gone and looked at someone from Extinction Rebellion talk about the whole thing, not sure why. He’s very clear, and surely has a point.

The only reason this isn’t the common opinion is probably the fact that the people who stand to lose a lot of their power and influence from facing reality here are the same ones who currently have the power and the influence. Why would they shoot themselves in the foot?

Would recommend to anyone who has only been exposed to the usual media treatment of the subject.

1 Like

He just doesn’t have “a point” - he is absolutely correct! - we are most probably doomed . . but that doesn’t mean you stop fighting - I helped set up Sydney / Australia XR (even though I live 5 hours from Sydney) - I eventually fell out with the National IT group because they didn’t take security seriously enough . . Despite what XR, JSO and some other groups are doing, we are almost certainly still doomed . . it is too little too late . .

1 Like
3 Likes

Everyone’s got their own “real reasons Tucker was fired” video out now. This one is spot on IMO.

Summary Keyrock is a market maker that facilitates the adoption of tokenized economies. It trades on over 85 exchanges and in 500 markets, with a trading volume of billions of dollars. Juan David Mendieta is Keyrock’s co-founder and Chief Strategy Officer.

Mendieta is a serial entrepreneur, strategist, and business developer with a master’s degree in innovation and management from Solvay. He founded four successful businesses and is an angel investor who believes in Bitcoin as an economic model.

Juan-David grew up in Colombia as part of a family involved in monetary policy, so he was exposed to concepts such as interest rates and money supply. He was drawn to Bitcoin as an alternative economic model to the central bank model he was familiar with.

Mendieta believes that financial systems have the potential to empower society and create wealth, but he also recognises their vulnerability to systemic failure. He is particularly interested in the long-term impact of financial markets and economic models on societal development. Mendieta is a thought leader and entrepreneur who has made significant contributions to the digital asset space.

Key takeaways

Juan-David questions the traditional economic model and how it relates to Bitcoin, suggesting that Bitcoin could be a viable alternative to the traditional economic model.

Piers and Juan-David discuss the differences between a store of value and fiat currency, as well as the impact of a deflationary asset such as Bitcoin on debt and interest rates.

Because rising asset values might result in higher interest rates, the deflationary nature of Bitcoin can have an impact on debt.

Juan-David suggests that in the future, we could live in a world where all value is held in digital assets, and we would no longer need a separate exchange asset. He uses an example of headphones with an NFT (non-fungible token) to illustrate how this could work.

Chapters Intro: 00:00 [01:14]
The source of Juan-David’s passion for cryptocurrency [02:51]
The unique perspective of a central banker on Bitcoin’s potential value [05:30]
Differences between fiat currency and store of value: impact on debt and interest rates in a Bitcoin-based hard money system [08:55]
Piers’ thoughts on Juan-David’s thesis that all value can be held in digital assets without the need for a separate exchange asset and blockchain’s potential to facilitate value exchange with a time component [12:55]
Piers and Juan-David discuss a universal method for exchanging cryptocurrency, mentioning Bancor’s ICO and expressing admiration for Carbon, an AMM developed by Bancor DAO contributors. [14:35]
Juan-David’s idea that everything has a value and can be traded for everything else — Keyrock’s role and thoughts on the current and future importance of token liquidity and market making [19:37]
The differences between market making and the Uniswap model — When should a project move from a bootstrap liquidity model to a market maker? [25:54]
The Keyrock DeFi team and its unique approach to market making, focusing on both centralised and decentralised exchanges [28:48]
The Keyrock team’s research findings on up-and-coming DeFi companies, specifically GMX [32:52]
The GMX protocol for advanced capital providers allows for selective positioning and efficient price discovery. [35:13]
Upcoming developments in the DeFi space, such as Carbon [37:41]
The potential of derivatives on decentralised exchanges: incorporating pricing models into derivatives [41:43]

How projects looking for a market maker can get in touch with Keyrock
Further resources Website: keyrock.eu Twitter: @KeyrockTrading Juan-David’s Twitter: @JuanDMendieta LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/keyrock/

Jeff Booth is a mega-macro thinker and lays out his view of the world - current & future. The relevance of this for all of us is scary.

I recommend everyone watch this one.

Jeff Booth is the Author of The Price of Tomorrow and CEO/Chairman of Ego Death Capital. In this interview, we discuss the effects of prices falling to the marginal cost of production, Bitcoin and its role in a deflationary economy, how inflation and debt distribute wealth unfairly, and the deflationary influence of AI and its impact on the future.

TIMESTAMPS:
00:00:00 Introduction
00:01:27 The deflation thesis
00:08:45 Inflation doesn’t grow wealth
00:22:40 Fiat: growth, GDP & income distribution
00:33:25 Bitcoin as global reserve; exponential debt growth
00:45:27 AI accelerates deflation; AI & the future

Joe Rogan & Dave Smith - Awesome wide-ranging convo. (3hr. 20m)

Long discussions on history of US war and interventions including current Ukraine conflict and all that led to it. Plus much more.

1 Like

Robert Playter is CEO of Boston Dynamics, a legendary robotics company that over 30 years has created some of the most elegant, dexterous, and simply amazing robots ever built, including the humanoid robot Atlas and the robot dog Spot.

1 Like

Well, now I can’t watch and then recommend this video.

Did anyone see it?

It feels wrong that items are being deleted, especially on John Campbells channel who played by the book during the pandemic and passed information on as he trusted the science. Now he is trying to question further even he is being banned.

We need the safenetwork up and running asap so people like John can make more videos without fear of censorship.

Good news everyone…

Now let’s see what ‘they’ didn’t want us to hear.

I feel rumble will replace youtube very quickly.

4 Likes

Rupert proposed a new hypothesis of cellular rejuvenation in an article in Nature in 1974, and in 2023 published a review article entitled ‘Cellular Senescence, Rejuvenation and Potential Immortality’ in the Proceedings of the Royal Society B, summarising results of recent research, which support his hypothesis. In this talk he gives an overview of this hypothesis, which applies to cells of all kinds, including bacteria and yeasts as well as plants and animals, and he shows how it sheds new light on the nature of stem cells.

In mammals, embryonic stem cells have a special property that enables them to divide indefinitely without senescing and Rupert suggests that cancerous transformations involve the hijacking of this embryonic stem cell system. He suggests ways in which this hypothesis could be tested, and shows how it could lead to new approaches in cancer therapy – by blocking the rejuvenative system that cancers have acquired. If this system were inhibited, then cancer cells might senesce like most other somatic cells and become less virulent.

1 Like

Remember those overmassive galaxies that JWST found that people claimed proved “the big bang never happened?” when in reality it was just that we couldn’t explain how they’d got so big? Well, turns out those galaxies probably aren’t that massive after all. In this video we’re chatting about one assumption (called the Initial Mass Function of stars) used to calculate their masses needed a bit of a tweak…

1 Like

Veteran climate expert Dr Richard Lindzen made a name for himself before the fundamentally flawed field of climate science that we know today was invented. In an interview with the pioneering atmospheric physicist and former emeritus professor of meteorology at MIT, he recounted events that occurred in the 1980s, which gave birth to the all-consuming climate change narrative that prevails today. Having begun his research on climate change in the mid-70s motivated by a sincere interest in understanding the Earth’s climate regimes, Lindzen’s assessment of the various elements paraded as scientific evidence of an impending climate catastrophe is remarkably sensible. What’s particularly revealing from his recollection of events is how complicit the media and politicians have been in forcing the disastrous climate change narrative upon an unsuspecting and trusting public from the very beginning.

The only thing that matters is the World’s Last (as far as Humans are concerned) Mass Extinction [TWLME] - which is actually, UNARGUABLY happening and accelerating.

Almost certainly the course of events will be:

Business As Usual [BAU] =>

The Military Industrial Financial Intelligence Media Complex [MIFIMC] will continue to grow =>

TWLME will continue to accelerate =>

BAU

. . eventually leading to the inevitable conclusion of the TWLME - probably in single digit years.

Mass extinction by the Commie Military Propaganda Oligarch Media Banker Complex CMPOMBC will probably be the end to us all.

Just look at the start of this decade, global pandemic and war.

1 Like