Watch this video! :)

One climate change scientist takes on a roomful of sceptics. - Invidious here’s a climate scientist debating an entire room of sceptics.

Carl Sagan testifying before Congress in 1985 on climate change - Invidious there’s absolutely loads of debates online, here’s Carl Sagan carefully presenting evidence before Congress 37 years ago. The evidence is overwhelmingly in favour of climate change being real, and that human activity has played a large role. Scepticism is allowed, there’s been dissenting publications, and meta-analyses, and debate, absolutely loads of it.

The political narrative is from people like Tom and yourself here. The guy’s full time job is getting paid by companies and private indivduals who want to donate to him - he is a full time professional climate change denier. Presenting him as an ‘expert’ is hilarious. This takes five minutes of reading and researching to verify.

Anyway, I’m posting this not to respond to you per se - you’ve already posted similarly biased and poorly supported ‘sources’ on this before, you’re not interested in the facts here in any way - but because new forum people might see this and think professional shills on fox news blurting out the same list of talking points might pass for ‘evidence’ or ‘reasoned discussion’ around here.

I am curious as to what gets you roped in to these points, like what it tickles in you that makes this line of reasoning so irresistible. The state is the root of all evil, and they want more control, therefore… Tricking us into moving away from fossil fuels is then somehow a logical goal they would have? Because they don’t have a lot of control for some reason in the fossil fuel based economies we have? Or something like that? Seems quite wild to me, on a superficial level anyway, I don’t see how this fits in to ‘state bad, private enterprise good’. If we produce our own renewable energies and are less reliant on massive energy companies, that’s… good for the private individual, no?

11 Likes

If you really want to have this debate/discussion. Create a new thread.

1 Like

"mind-blowing!! “Scientists are scared” “New perspective” “stunning”

Somebody is utterly desperate for clicks on trivia of no real import.
I used to enjoy content like this until the algorithm began to favour quantity over quality

3 Likes

So true. Beware of exclamation points!

2 Likes

Screenshot 2022-10-25 at 18-05-33 (1) crypto - YouTube
Presenters looking ‘shocked’, ‘surprised’ or ‘confused’ is another warning sign - which basically rules out 99% of videos about crypto.

4 Likes

I just dont watch crypto vids anymore. At all.
I’m missing the 1% of valuable content cos I CBA wading through the hours of the bleedin’ obvious or blatant over-hyping to get to the goodies.

1 Like

Yup #metoo

1 Like

Thank goodeness for content creators like Tech Ingredients

2 Likes

I really hoped the outcome was positive in the end :joy:

1 Like

This is the link I meant to post -

the Joy of Applied Physics :slight_smile:

The media and the government (both the domain of oligarchy) once again LIED about protests - in this instance the Canadian trucker “violence” and once again, the truth comes out.

1 Like

I can’t wait to watch this video! The title has colorful, large capital letters AND exclamation points! Boy oh boy!

Edit: !!!

2 Likes

Capitals, bright colours, shocked expressions, eyes in pyramids, Neil de Grasse Tyson - fill yer boots, folks

Space Elevator tech may not be very far away after all. Recent developments in graphene production are bringing humanity much closer.

#AndrejKarpathy#Tesla AI, #SelfDriving, Optimus, Aliens, and #AGI |#lexfridman Podcast No. 333

Interesting LONG (3.5hr) wide-ranging convo.

“This aired in Nov. 2021. Still highly relevant. Progressives will lead the change in to a new global economy. No need to watch. Just listen.”

Curious about Raoul’s thesis? This is by far one of his best videos where he lays out more than 3 decades of work and puts the puzzle together. Everything from World War I to the birth of the American Dream and how the hell did we end up in these crazy times.

In an interview that was recorded for the “What is Money?” show and podcast with @Robert Breedlove, Raoul Pal ties together the golden thread for why our economic world and political world are where they are today, and then look at how this ties into the Exponential Age. He then shifts to the new world and the Fourth Turning, “when society passes through a great and perilous gate in history”, and explains that the American Dream as we know it is dead, and a new world is emerging made up of robots, AI, and where there is no cost in producing energy. Yet in this new world, Raoul imagines a world of hope and optimism, where new identities and communities are formed: the metaverse. “The Metaverse is discovering the Americas again or even a new Solar System. There is a possibility that the metaverse allows us, people, incomes in a world free of constraints, free of the debt shackle.

You can find Robert’s “What is Money?” show on YouTube or at www.whatismoneypodcast.com Check it out!

TIMESTAMPS:
2:30 - History of human actions and unintended consequences
4:19 - The start
7:03 - Debasement
9:08 - Industrialization
10:00 - Fiat
15:31 - Pax Americana
21:30 - Productivity growth
25:35 - Wealth disparity
33:14 - Policy intervention
43:00 - Gold reserve
47:48 - International Monetary Fund (IMF)
59:30 - Labor participation rate
1:14:59 - Central bank policy
1:19:20 - Economic reality
1:23:45 - Government bonds
1:26:16 - Currency annihilation
1:30:00 - Counterparty risk
1:34:24 - Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation (DTCC)
1:36:00 - Market actors
1:42:00 - Austrian view
1:43:55 - Population reduction
1:48:35 - Metaverse
1:51:00 - Inflationary pressure
1:52:41 - Cantillon effect
1:54:29 - Nation-state
2:07:44 - Value capture
2:09:00 - Singularity
2:10:38 - Identity
2:14:20 - Possibility
2:16:14 - Demographics