Watch this video! :)

He’s a smart guy and it’s a fascinating subject that forces a look at reality and real analogue life.

7 Likes

New Tom Woods interview of IP expert Stephan Kinsella.

Very interesting and challenging discussion for Statists and Anarchists alike!

Is it possible that we’ve been snookered into believing in a nonsensical concept? Is it possible to “own” an idea? Stephan Kinsella walks us through copyright, patent, trademarks, and trade secrets from a libertarian perspective, and also considers the utilitarian arguments for intellectual property.

just watched the joe rogan with malone and I am shocked with the trusted news initiative

its around 40 minutes in and malone is laying out the plan of bbc and the tech industry to offer the cdc and who narratives into news and then the trusted news initiative was broaden to the parmacutical sector and mainly for vaccines and specifically to not allow any misinformation-dissinformation-vaccine hesitancy!!!

it reminds me of the CSAM and filtering the internet maybe trusted new initiative was broaden to any filtering they want, whos they? anyone with money and power

1 Like

Siloed fintech

SAFE fin :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like
2 Likes

If DBCs enabled importing your privkey and using SAFE to create your asset… who would need bridges

2 Likes

MAD GOD
a stop motion animation film, 30 years in the making.

This is art/entertainment but I have always enjoyed stop motion animation and this is a kind of masterpiece, though it is rather dark. It actually mixes stop motion with live action a bit for an even stranger effect.

Also I think it’s cool that it is hard to find this movie almost anywhere but it’s hosted on internet archive and SN will make content like this more accessible and (hopefully soon after launch) pay the artist/provider/uploaded on demand.

7 Likes

Michael Malice interviews Alex Jones … no specific topic, but you know, Alex Jones stuff. Tin foil hats optional.

3 Likes

Pfft . .

That comment does does not excuse you . .

1 Like

Oh dear
How sad
What a pity
Never mind…

2 Likes

He shows search engines have be come a Truman Show like limited stage. Very disturbing for those that remember when search engines were a portal to the Wild West of the internet. A place where all opinions could be explored. It was a crazy place where you could do a deep exploration into subjects and find a myriad of angles.
Now search engines are like searching a shoe box rather than a world of ideas.
14 min.

2 Likes

“Conventional critics and mainstream analysts don’t get the crypto economy, don’t understand bitcoin, and they hate volatility,” says Michael Saylor, bitcoin whale and executive chairman of MicroStrategy. In his epic return, he tells our Daniela Cambone that the dominant digital blockchain is a “bumpy lifeboat, a bitcoin lifeboat,” and is floating as intended in a murky world of economic transformation. In his new role of Executive Chairman, Saylor explains why his new role as the executive chairman allows him to focus on bridging the gap closer from bitcoin to MicroStrategy. “The market looks like it’s bottomed [for bitcoin],” where its fundamentals are emerging as institutional investment grade asset, “being embraced by regulators, legislators, and large-scale investors,” he continues. Saylor concludes by arguing, “Bitcoin is going to gradually demonetize gold over time, gold will go to the utility value of gold, but it won’t be adopted as money in the 21st century.”

48 min. No need to watch. You can just listen. Good info.

2 Likes

Privacy. Security. Freedom

Baby X… wowza! This stuff is wild.

Don’t care for how over produced and scripted it can be. Also baby x almost seems like it could be a parlor trick really but maybe not, I’m no AI programmer. Still felt like it was worth the watch.

1 Like

I thought these two videos were interesting:

2 Likes

He is not well researched only google and bing search is the bases for all searches (with few examples of search engines that are new)

What he is getting at is large corporations are controlling the available information and thereby putting people into boxes. He’s pointing out that the large search engines are manipulating the public by limiting access to information.

What search engines still operate in the old way where you can find a variety of opinions on any particular subject?

1 Like

Straying a little off-topic, it might be interesting to get the opinions of te community on the perceived quality and range of your searches on Google vs DuckDuckGo vs StartPage and others.

I like StartPage cos it claims not to track your searches, I used to like DuckDuckGo for the same reason till word broke on here a few months back that DDG was NOT as squeaky clean as we thought.
Generally I found DDG to be almost as good (for my puposes) as Google. An early opinion of StartPage is that its not as wide as Google or DDG.

But much of my searching tends to end up on Stack Exchange or similar rather than on more social/politics-orientated sites so its a limited sample and is un/less affected by the issues raised in the vids above.
What do others think?

2 Likes

Why do boats not run on seawater?

1 Like