Watch this video! :)

So you think you’ve made horrible investments and lost huge sums of $$$ …

#Archegos #Wallstreet #MarginCall

$20 Billion to BROKE in 48 Hours!! Wall Street LOSS!!

1 Like

:wink:

7 Likes

Impressive partnerships for Strike including Shopify for online and NCR for in person (point of sale) for payment in fiat or Bitcoin, and instant settlement in fiat, using the Lightening Network to eliminate the middlemen (payment processors who get in the way and charge you for it: VISA, banks, PayPal etc).

The important part I think is that this is an open standard, so on the payment side you can use any of several payment apps, and anyone can build their own such app stop their users can pay any vendor that is plugged into the “superior payment network”, and vendors always receive instant payment in fiat.

I think the limitation is that the app is using LN / Bitcoin, so we can’t easily plug Safe Network Tokens into this, though maybe using DBCs there might be a way, come back @danda!

Jack is a great salesman. I don’t understand the product, only the claims but I want to know the limitations and downsides too if anyone has looked in more depth. If so let’s start a topic just to explore that and any synergy with SN.

9 Likes

Always good to be reminded of the insidious nature of online tracking, from 11:30

7 Likes

Never heard of an Ant Death Spiral? Also, seen it referred to as an Ant Mill.

6 Likes

The moral of this story appears to be that we must encourage the devs to take frequent showers so their pherenomes dont get in a tangle :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Michael Saylor: Bitcoin, Inflation, and the Future of Money | Lex Fridman Podcast #276

Usually means they want to start a company and hope they will be first to market, they just want to be the ones to fix it, not someone with a solution :joy::wink:.

1 Like

Interesting what Saylor says here about alt coins.

Any thoughts from you guys?

1 Like

Isn’t one of the main goals of crypto to get rid of the middlemen? To now try and get approval from the middlemen doesn’t make sense to me.

2 Likes

I agree, that is one of the goals. The only way that can be achieved properly is with true decentralisation. Many of the projects we see are not truly decentralised so I guess the regulators can affect them quite a lot.

1 Like

IMO, Saylor is right about the “legal” issues (the government’s “do what I tell you or get squashed” issues) … but he’s wrong, at least in the longer run, with how things are going to pan out.

DeFi isn’t ultimately going to be regulated. The tech is advancing toward greater anonymity and decentralization for the benefit of the user. Governments are going to be pushed aside and the wild west is going to become the norm and the rule. Scams are going to proliferate until a super-majority of traders learn how to deal with them (don’t deal with them!) … and then the scammers will fade back into the woodwork.

People have been protected by governments in this space for a long while, but they’ve also been prevented from having equal access to deals the oligarchy reserves for itself and uses to keep itself in power. This is all going to change. It will be painful (has been so far), but any major change in society and culture is going to stimulate a lot of yelling and screaming.

Yet change is inevitable.

TechIngredients: today he demonstrates how to build a personal “cloud chamber” for detecting radioactive particles.

Educational fun for the whole family! :wink:

1 Like

This is why we need ${unlimited storage} on the SAFE Network, then we could maybe stream data from the JWST or Mars rover instead of “taking pictures” of the universe. :star_struck: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Does the JWST have the downlink capacity to stream video at full (or even medium) resolution?

1 Like

This is a wonderful YouTube channel - There is something there for every variety of geek. I never even knew I desperately had to build my own catamaran before I saw his vids. Not only that I was unaware of how incomplete my life was without a bubble-chamber out in the garage.

I totally don’t know, you would hope by now that it would be possible…

@least luckily SpaceX does seem to realise that streaming space travel/returns can be inspiring.

Who knows one day SpaceX will overtake Nasa with space observation, like they did with rockets… and space streaming might become commonplace with AI naming/labeling elements etc of newly discovered galaxies, suns and planets in the background. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

All the above is true - and inspiring. However the bandwidth needed for a fairly lo-res vid from the returning vehicle is waaay different from real-time (always allowing for the speed of light) useful images from way out at the LaGrange point.

2 Likes

Hmmmmm never ever heard of Lagrange Points in my life before teacher. Thank you for learning me something new, this is way more interesting than defi/nft I will explore… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

See my suggested use of a Lagrange Point instead of attempting to Colonise Mars:

3 Likes