Watch this video! :)

We need this man on our side.

5 Likes

The story of Metakovan the guy who bought the Beeple for 70MM, now a billionaire started off with only a USB stick to save his files because he could not afford a laptop.

1 Like

Some man, the Silvio - and the team he has around him are impressive too #Algorand

2 Likes

there is even more brrrr brrrrr

2 Likes

Another take on IMF allocation of new SDR’s:

1 Like
1 Like

Filing under “Things that wouldn’t have happened on The Safe Network” :smile:

3 Likes

Independent News Getting Shut Down By Tech Monopolies

1 Like

“I failed the first 200 times i tried” :vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

This is probably the best podcast I have listened to in the last 3 months.

There are very interesting philosophical thoughts about human behavior, free markets, perception, nature, and morality. The main theme is Bitcoin.

Long format warning!

Edit: (more info)
To be more specific to persuade you to spend at least 30 minutes tasting this… This podcast filled me with amazement at how elegantly can someone speak about the function of money and its purpose in free markets. I know quite a lot about this stuff so there were not many new stuff for me, but still, the explanation felt so interconnected that now I want to learn this style of explanation. There were some beautiful parts where Robert was comparing markets to nature - I was, again and again, thinking of Dirvines inspiration of nature.

To point out some very specific stuff that caught my attention and I heard the stuff for the first time:

• Hard money are those which are hard to artificially increase in supply.
  • Counterfeiting = Criminalised inflation
  • Inflation = Legalised counterfeiting

While listening to this I had a very big revelation of hearing this very wise guy who came to the conclusion that Bitcoin is perfect money while completely ignoring Bitcoin is not private and fungible. I think this will change soon and Monero will hugely outperform Bitcoin in the near and also far future.

Outline of the podcast is following:
0:00​ - Introduction
2:37​ - Sovereignty
9:42​ - Territorial imperative
14:19​ - Property
20:24​ - Anarchism
23:03​ - Inflation is theft
27:26​ - Volatility is truth
32:05​ - Taleb and Bitcoin
36:13​ - Life is information propogating through flesh
47:12​ - Intelligence
51:25​ - Space and time
58:07​ - Pragmatic truth
1:09:05​ - Creative destruction
1:12:54​ - Capitalism vs Communism
1:25:38​ - Jordan Peterson on religion
1:29:54​ - Inflation
1:33:45​ - What is money?
1:47:21​ - What is Bitcoin?
1:58:27​ - Bitcoin vs other cryptocurrencies
2:06:38​ - Can governments ban Bitcoin?
2:19:20​ - Bitcoin toxicity is tough love
2:32:39​ - Crypto scammers
2:41:50​ - Eric Weinstein and Bitcoin
2:48:12​ - Satoshi Nakamoto
2:52:42​ - Money is energy
2:59:56​ - Proof of stake vs proof of work
3:02:36​ - Morality
3:17:21​ - Collapse of the Soviet Union
3:20:51​ - Jordan Peterson and Bitcoin
3:33:20​ - Book recommendations
3:52:40​ - Advice for young people
3:56:11​ - Love

6 Likes

4 hours ffs! Can’t be arsed with such levels of self-indulgence, sorry. I dipped in and was not gripped.
Can you summarise?

4 Likes

I love British slang! :slight_smile: Is that allowed on the forum, though? :wink:

2 Likes
4 Likes

Tom Woods is great. I saw some of his lectures and he is always so insightful while being funny. Haven’t known he has podcast though!
:thankyou:

2 Likes

Yes please stop arsing around.

Shakespeare’s legacy is vast.

3 Likes

Well here is another seriously long interview/discussion - so I’m sure many “can’t be arsed” lol … but at least give it a start, you might find it interesting enough to watch some of it … seriously great shit.

3 Likes

Video made on many real cases. How hard it is to convince a friend to buy Bitcoin while the price is low:

Privacy. Security. Freedom

2 Likes

How TV ruined your life…

3 Likes