[Wanted:] AMA :safe: warrior

Hello friends,

most of the business contact seekers in the Safe Telegram rooms are fraudsters, and there are basically two types of scamers:

• the first are that fraudsters pretend to be employees of an exchanges, who are looking for projects to add to their exchange.
  • the second type of scam is for advertising on YouTube, chat or website.

I say that the second type is a scam because most such services do not have real users and it is a total waste of money to pay them.

When such scammers write to me, I answer that the Safe Network does not have a company and advertising budget, and we work for free.

My main hope is that they do not differentiate between the community of the Safe network and the MaidSafe company, ie. their attempt to get money will end with me and they will not write to David and waste his time.

There are very rare third types of people who have really made an effort to create a real community of people. I think one of these people wrote to me in Telegram today, because after I explained to him that he would not receive money from us, he offered me his service for free because he likes Safe.

Is there someone from the community who wants to participate in an AMA organised from this person and make a presentation for the Safe Network?

8 Likes

AMA means ask me anything. I looked it up on google.

Also, what kind of service is this person providing and what kind of information would they need?

Also, isn’t there some documentation we should give them first just so they can start learning right away?

Yes, that’s Ask Me Anything about the Safe Network. There is a Telegram group with 12k users, there will be an AMA for Safe if we find a Safe warrior to participate, as far as I understand…

We’re all ceo’s of the SAFE Network.

2 Likes

BTW, I’m happy to do it if a mutually acceptable time could be sorted, and they’d be happy with the slant to be more on the features, uses, potential etc rather than answers on the technical/dev.

Although maybe it could be a pair of us to include a dev. That would be cool.

11 Likes

That sounds great, I’ll write to him and then send you PM! :thankyou:

4 Likes

mining and bitcoin price and everything is mucking up the point of there being a MaidSafeCoin.
The real reason to need the coin is for incentive to better the network. If me and my neighbors decide to run network lines or wifi bridges and we can connect more and make the network better, well then I am happy because each gets rewards. Same with storage, let Safe use my extra space and I get cloud drive. If I store a lot and not share much, I might be in storage deficit, I can either pay others with MSC or buy a hard drive and add it.
MSC is the mechanism to establish a market of supply and demand and hold individuals accountable and to also be incentivized to improve!

Ok, so the AMA isn’t going to happen I think. It was all lined up, but then they’ve been asking for us to give away cash prizes to participants etc, which on top of being a massive hassle, doesn’t feel like a great way to get a genuinely engaged audience.

So, how about we push on with the idea of our own AMA on reddit?

What say ye everyone?

11 Likes

How large of a following does this person have? Can you post a link to their Twitter and YouTube channel?

I’m not a fan of cash prizes. However, giveaways (i.e. swag) are not unilaterally bad. Giveaways can provide further awareness-building opportunities in and of themselves. You give away a tee-shirt or a hat with your logo, and someone asks the recipient what it’s about whenever they wear it.

1 Like

This is the channel:

1 Like

Thanks! Found the link to their Twitter too (https://twitter.com/aq_community?s=21). I don’t think doing the AMA with them is worth it (not enough engagement or influence).

1 Like

I deliberately did not post a link to their social channels so as not to advertise them.

Unfortunately, I lost Jim’s time, I didn’t expect such a scam. These prizes for users with great probability will go to the scammers, in the same way as the fake exchanges in Telegram offer free listing, but want a “deposit” which they “return” later. I did not expect the same type of scam with AMA.

But at least something good can come out of it for us if we get a real AMA for our community.

By the way, there are many parts of the planet where Twitter and YouTube are not the leaders. In Bulgaria, for example, we have a local copy of YouTube called vBox7, where our influencers are, and Twitter is hardly used by anyone. These people were from Indonesia, I don’t know what the situation is there…

3 Likes

Don’t worry! It only took like 2mins. No probs.

3 Likes

Ok, so while we’re embracing the idea of upping our video output generally, I’m thinking about doing the AMA via YouTube.

Not as a live stream, but as a regular video answering questions that have come in via the forum, Reddit, YT, Twitter etc.

Would anyone be willing to help getting these questions in via various channels?

6 Likes

So you’re looking for a summary of some of the common questions that pop up here on other channels? How many do you need?

Na, I was thinking we ask for submissions via social media / forum / reddit etc, and I’ll pick out some good questions and answer them directly in a video.

Just looking for a bit of help wrangling that on the various channels; and the best place for it on Reddit etc.

I think it is best if you make a thread to field questions and we can all share it on social media as the place to ask questions.
So all requests converge to a single thread.
If the question thread is on reddit, the questions can easily be voted on too.

Maybe?

It would need to be heavily moderated I think ?

2 Likes

Also easier if the thread is on reddit. Nonsense can just be downvoted by all.

1 Like

I’m of the mind to create a thread here on the forum, and then the same can be replicated on YT and Reddit. Doesn’t need to be all in one place as the response will come in video form anyway.

Best place for it on Reddit, just straight into r/safenetwork, or is there a better place?

3 Likes