Video: devolution + safe

@Glen_Simister in case it is of interest:

Valueflows - vocabulary for distributed economic networks

BTW how’s things?

2 Likes

Hey Glen, sorry not been back in touch. Hoping to have more time to put into my own contributions in this field after June, it’s not something I want to do half cocked and am finishing other commitments atm. Great to see others on a similar path and the layouts looks excellent.

My programming focus initially is getting a reliable voting platform implemented. I’m going onto my third Javascript book (out of 6) so even that will be a big task but it’s something I know others are working on. Then link the voting to hierarchical structures and that will be a solid foundation.

Need to read the link above later. How exactly this type of work should be funded, or indeed if it needs to be, is an interesting question; presumably it would make it happen faster. Eventually I want society’s value system to replace capital with production time, but that day is obviously not nigh. Though I still don’t see how governance applications can make good investments without compromising themselves, so I guess charities or grants would be the only sensible routes. Even then it’s difficult to maintain integrity, and it would need a roster of trusted participants.

Edit: This final paragraph could’ve been elaborated better. P2P funding, be it charity or otherwise, I think is a valid route. My main reason for not thinking governance applications (on Maidsafe) currently make good investments, is due to their open-source nature and dependence on a lot of other factors, most importantly the Maidsafe project itself being successful. I also see the core Maidsafe team working on providing the main features desired by these apps so I think the best investment at the moment would be focused in their direction until the network is up and running.

2 Likes

Thanks @happybeing. At a first glance it looks really interesting. I’ll need to go through it in a bit more detail. I’m ok but I haven’t been online much recently hence why i’m a bit late responding.

1 Like

Thanks for your comments @CommunityLink. My apologies for not getting back sooner. When i posted this i had taken some time off work. Now that i’m back to the grind i don’t have as much time/energy to focus on this project. I’ll try to get back to you soon with a more detailed response. cheers! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Does devolution involve the concept of ‘credit piggybacking’ ?