Video: devolution + safe

I checked out your gitter discussion link and discussion with Melvin and in particular your comments re solid/safe value exchange & solid vulnerabilities without safe. I also noticed that mediaprophet aka Tim Holborn/Ubiquitious was also engaged in the conversation. Have you met Tim H? Tim was 1 of 5 people who started https://www.w3.org/community/credentials/2014/08/06/call-for-participation-in-credentials-community-group/ with Melvin and was involved in other w3 foundational work with Tim BL e.g. RDF, semantically interlinked online communities (SIOC) etc. Interestingly you and Tim are 2 of 36 in Tim BL’s address book pod demo at the 2018 Dweb conference.

I note and agree 100% with your gitter solid chat comment “So not so much about data ownership - at least for onboarding - later that can be the icing on the cake for some. Instead I think we show developers and early adopters the benefits of Solid apps: apps that can use each other’s data are more powerful, and will become more focused on delivering what users need rather than on harvesting their data and attention. “
I have recently connected with Tim an Aussie. We are working to align his knowledge banking model`which my ULB (universal lifebank/knowledge model) & CommunityLink open data ecology (CODE) network model. My objective is to deploy an integrated solid/safe(plume/drive/github)/solidpay engineering solution via Project “Sensors” (safe enterprise node solid regenerative system) to the Redland “enterprise” smart city and a Health Access solution as a systemic start point for both safe and solid. As part of our discussions I have provided Tim i. the link to your designing safe/solid social networks discussion with Hunter Lester and his comment re the difficulty “to try and convince SOLID people that they are building on a vulnerable stack and move over to SAFE.” ii. introduced the work you have done with safeplume as the basis for a “sensors” architecture/testnet discussion to deliver to the CODE au national IOT business case introduced previously.

Tim has introduced me to John Bruce to demo how the CODE model can provide a commercial path to market for Inrupt (with a model similar to maidsafe). I’m working on that communication. I’m keen to define/show how the current work underway by yourself, Melvin, Tim H, Maidsafe with RDF etc and others can deliver to/be leveraged by the CODE model, business case and investment case which provides the commercial/systemic incentive “for solid to move over to safe” (or create a “Sensors” server – solid/safe stack?). I note your later gitter comment “I’m certainly one who has been prevented from doing more experimentation because each time I’ve delved into Solid or Solid server etc, I’ve encountered one problem or another, and I only have limited time”. It would be great for you and Tim to connect. Happy to provide an intro and context as appropriate.

The Devolution app looks terrific and might provide the NFP CDC (Community Development Centre) smart city operator with the natural stepping stone path to our community imarket interoperable physical & virtual community vision… smart cities providing the starting point to create a sustainable network of communities through the safenetwork with systemic revenues streams.

4 Likes