Vdash Safe Node dashboard - works with Fleming testnets or local networks

No worries at all! Will alter the line in the upcoming PRs accordingly and will notify you here :slight_smile:

5 Likes

This is so cool to see.

6 Likes

vdash display of my first Fleming Testnet node before I shut it down because I’m off-grid and can’t run my laptop overnight. You can see the PUTS (yellow), ERRORS (red) and that I have 10.4MB of immutable chunks stored!

See the OP if you want to give vdash a try: Vdash Safe Node dashboard `safe vault run-baby-fleming -t`

There may be some issues with vdash and Fleming as I haven’t tested and fixed anything recently. Let me know if you spot any problems.

9 Likes

And here’s vdash showing my cloud node running Fleming v1 on a mobile (using JuiceSSH Client Android app):

20 Likes

There needs to be a “cool as ice” emoji

10 Likes

That’s awesome! Nice one! :grinning:

3 Likes

I’ve made a minor update (v0.6.0) which now shows Node age (Unkown, Infant (joining), Adult or Elder) and makes some attempt at showing GETS.

None of this is perfect for now as MaidSafe are still busy before improving this area of the logs.

To update:

cargo install vdash

Screenshot:

11 Likes

I finally got around to installing @happybeing’s vdash, and it seems to be working.

I installed Rust on Linux Mint 20.1 Cinnamon earlier from the repositories, i.e. the not recommended way. What are some of the “significant downsides” to this?

sascha@Knut:~$ rustc --version
rustc 1.47.0

sascha@Knut:~$ vdash --version
vdash 0.6.0
2 Likes

Shouldn’t be a problem. You lose the ability to choose which version of Rust/Cargo you use but that’s unlikely to be an issue. Good to hear you got it going!

2 Likes