On the Discord Channel and on Twitter, there have been questions about whether MaidSafe is inactive due to low/inconsistent activity on various accounts/pages. There is another thread for discussing ownership/management of the multiple Safe Network websites (Should I transfer the ownership of the domains to MaidSafe?). Ultimately, I think the various different language pages should all be folded into safenetwork.tech. I understand that may take some heavy lifting.
However, this thread is to discuss how to optimally manage MaidSafe and Safe Network social media accounts. Particularly as we near launch and with the frequently raised concerns about forks and other attacks, having an effective and transparent governance process in place will be very helpful.
To ensure efficient management and transparent governance, this proposal suggests the Community:
- Know who is running each account/site
- Have a say in who runs each account/site
- Expect more than one person to run/manage each account (i.e. built in redundancy)
- Expect MaidSafe to have access to each account they choose
- Set guidelines and expectations (e.g. accounts should post x times a week, have y levels of engagement, etc.)
Here’s a list of the current Accounts & Pages along with who manages them. Please post replies to ensure the accuracy of this list.
- MaidSafe Account (@maidsafe) - managed by @frabrunelle / @Dimitar / MaidSafe (51.6K followers)
- Safe Network Account (@safenetworktech) - managed by @frabrunelle / @Dimitar (841 followers)
- Safe Network Français (@FrancaisSafe) - managed by @Dimitar (2 followers)
- Safe Network Russian (@RussianSafe) - managed by @Dimitar (3 followers)
- Safe Network Deutsch (@DeutschSafe) - managed by @Dimitar (2 followers)
- Safe Network Español (@SpanishSafe) - managed by @Dimitar (3 followers)
- Safe Network Bulgaria (@SAFEnetworkBG) - managed by @Dimitar (41 followers)
- Safe Network Page - managed by @frabrunelle / @happybeing / @riddim / @upstate
- MaidSafe Page - currently deprecated, but will likely be useful for future endeavors - managed by ???
- MaidSafe.Net - managed by MaidSafe
- https://safenetwork.tech/ - managed by MaidSafe
- https://safenetwork.bg/ - managed by @Dimitar
- https://safenet.fr/ - managed by @Dimitar
- https://safenetforum.ru/ - managed by @Dimitar
- https://safenetz.de/ - managed by @Dimitar
- https://safenetwork.es/ - managed by @Dimitar
Currently, the MaidSafe twitter account, which has the furthest reach, is underutilized. Since I make it a habit to keep up with any MaidSafe/Safe Network related conversation on Twitter, I’m happy to help manage the twitter accounts. Some primary actions I would take would be to:
- Update the @maidsafe profile to direct people to @safenetworktech
- Pin a tweet on @maidsafe that directs people to @safenetworktech
- Post a link to the weekly updates from @safenetworktech, and have @maidsafe quote retweet directing people to follow @safenetworktech until the Safe Network account reaches a critical mass of followers
- Engage with followers that tag @maidsafe and @safenetworktech (i.e. like or retweet)
A potential alternative would be to swap the names of the @maidsafe and @safenetworktech accounts, but I think that might cause confusion/could lead to people feeling the rug was pulled out under them. See below for more details:
Please comment with your reactions to and suggested improvements on this proposal. I’ve also reached out to the folks currently managing the Twitter account to get access and join the effort there. Thanks!