Updated Maidsafe & Safe Network Press Kits

No worries. It was just a suggestion. Your efforts are appreciated.

5 Likes

I could help you with that list. As well as the obvious tech and crypto publications it’s also worth hitting up big publishers like Forbes and Business Insider which pride themselves on featuring cutting-edge tech. Also MaidSafe has featured previously in the Guardian and New Scientist and Max Keiser so chase them up, and don’t forget the Scottish press who will be keen to trumpet their own once it gets over the hurdle of proving itself.

15 Likes

Permanent Data is the unique value proposition. This also feeds into data ownership + privacy + interoperability, but permanence is the root of the unique value proposition. The consequences of permanent data is very broad-reaching, but it’s a complex narrative to weave so I really respect and appreciate what you’re undertaking with this @Sotros25 et al.

Efficiency is a huge benefit. We use spare / sunk cost hard drive space and bandwidth to store the knowledge of humanity, and the incentives to do it are well aligned (compared to torrents, usenet, ipfs etc). Democratic / fair participation, no special equipment needed. There’s a historian angle here too, something about lost knowledge and repeating mistakes, but I’m not quite sure how to put it.

To add to the list of technologies:

• Reliable Message Delivery (RMD, see rfc0058)
  • Secure Message Deliver (SMD, see rfc0056)
  • BLS and DKG (honestly amazing tech, and the way maidsafe uses it is unique among all other bls-in-crypto)
  • Self-encryption
  • Node ageing and relocation

A very minor point the s in CRDTs is lowercase, Conflict-Free Replicated Data Types

I feel there may be some benefit to pointing out the unappealing point that the economic model is not finalized. People will probably be wanting to know the rate that new coins are created etc, and I feel the only really honest answer here is ‘we don’t know’, not because it’s depending on unpredictable real world events, but because the algorithm isn’t actually finalized.

12 Likes

I think you are on the right track. I posted this video on another thread in the forum but am doing so in this one. If Bitcoin can reach where it has and the ordinary person doesn’t get it enough to buy, then the end consumer isn’t a pressing priority at this point in time

1 Like

What the status of the algo? Is this going to be finalized with Fleming testnet? It’s been contemplated a long while I know.

1 Like

These are the publications we had so far in the media:

There is an article written by Nick Lambert published at Huffington Post, which is more like a mini-essay about the state of affairs of our current internet:

14 Likes

It’s there to be tweaked during beta rollout. We just don’t have head space right now, but we soon will. It’s a matter of some magic numbers or magic functions, easy to change codewise, but needs a lot of lateral thinking.

5 Likes

Also the new scientist “I want my Internet back” or similar, it was us and TBL. Mostly TBL to be honest.

5 Likes

You are quick, haha I was editing the post adding that.

1 Like

Sadly no - at the risk of getting all political again, the Scottish press is 99% owned controlled and edited elsewhere - guess…
Scotland Good stories are rigorously suppressed unless it is something twee like tourism.
I honestly doubt its worth putting any effort into at all.

I am sorry, but FutureScot has been publishing one of the best articles about Maidsafe,

1 Like

I am sure FutureScot can get what they need to write further articles from the resources @Sotros25 is working on.

My point is, dont waste valuable resources on the Scotsman Daily Record or the Herald.

FUTURESCOT MAGAZINE

FutureScot magazine is Scotland’s only dedicated publication for the Digital Technologies sectors.

Published four times a year and distributed in association with The Times Scotland, ← so even this is part of the Murdoch empire

1 Like

So these are the authors of the articles I listed above, I am listing their contact information in one place, just in case we are ready to rev the PR engine.
It guess it will be easier to approach them first since they are already familiar about this project.

15 Likes

Kevin is regularly in touch with me, so we are good there.

8 Likes

Looks like it might be a good time to remind John Harris about his Maidsafe interview quite soon.

5 Likes
1 Like

Hi Folks, I’ve created a first draft on updated press kits that are tailored to support the public testnet release. There are 3 versions in order to separately cater to technical, consumer, and crypto oriented-journalists. The main differences are that the crypto version goes into more detail on the token and the consumer version uses more accessible language to describe the testnet features.

Once the testnet launches, I’ll add links to “Access the testnet” and “Learn more”. Next steps would be to get these into the hands of journalists. I’ll compile a spreadsheet with recommended contacts based on my prior research as well as the suggestions that have been made on this thread as well. :smile:

25 Likes

typo? Accepting New Nodes Only When Resources Are Required: Allows
existing nodes now decide when they want new nodes to join the
network, which helps to prevent Sybil attacks because an unlimited
number of nodes cannot join the network at will.

looks great though!

4 Likes

You truly are an incredibly effective lady. My greatest thanks and respect to you.

9 Likes

Typos:

“distribution of of Safe”

“(i.e., allows everyone to agree even if there without involving any complicated consensus mechanism).”

Should probably be lower case.
“A stable, standalone Network”

Missing period.
“MaidSafe held one of the first ICOs (2014), and learnt that a native token is key to securing the Network against malicious attack as well as to stimulate adoption, usage, and growth”

This is great stuff, but it should be proofread properly. Would it be possible to have the texts on Github or something, so editing and version control would be easier?

3 Likes