Update 3 March 2022

I know it’s hypothetical but what happens when a government demands the protocol be changed to go against the objectives of the project because it is breaking a ‘law’. ( maybe wants the safe balance of an account or wants to read an accounts messages) Will the foundation members be liable to prosecution for refusing?

11 Likes

Bug smashing, DBC progress, a Swiss foundation? What’s next, a decentralized way of turning off nuclear :radioactive: bombs once and for all :pray:. Great update, feels like we’re getting closer, thanks!

18 Likes

The foundation must then move jurisdiction IMO

15 Likes

Wow, great !.. Thx @maidsafe

10 Likes

Lets launch!!! Go go go team!

10 Likes

Never a problem, always a solution with maidsafe. What needs to be done just gets done :clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

4 Likes

The sort of thing you are fretting about becomes a risk because of a lack of proper governance.

One reason among many that we have an expert in such matters onboard and building resilient structures to support the project in the long term; as well as being right in about all the emerging legislation.

I’d suggest you take a gander at Heather’s excellent blog (maybe she won’t blow her own trumpet, but I will!)… she even has a post on this very subject, a warning as to how things can unfold if you fail to tackle it.

18 Likes

Looking forward to seeing how these problems will be tackled. Hopefully another blog from heather would calm the ‘fretting’ :joy:

4 Likes

Thx 4 the update Maidsafe devs

Love the continued progress

Can’t wait to try dbc on a testnet :clap: :clap: :clap: @allyousuperants

Keep hacking super ants

10 Likes

17 posts were split to a new topic: Natural/divine law

Well, technically, since there’s the MaidSafe Foundation in Scotland, wouldn’t the Swiss one be “The Second Foundation”? :thinking:

4 Likes

its a playful placeholder for a name “Foundation” with a capital F

and I dont think a second foundation as a name is great

Worked for Asimov :slight_smile: I loved that book - and the rest of the series.

3 Likes

Maidsafe Foundation and Safe Network Foundation, no? Different foundations.

10 Likes

I assumed this to be the obvious choice.

7 Likes

The size of the switzerland emoji is reduced to less annoying :switzerland: :happyant:

Privacy. Security. Freedom

6 Likes

Yes

MaidSafe Foundation - Education and innovation for kids and inventors (also separate from MaidSafe the company, but is a large shareholder in MaidSafe)

Safe network Foundation - Specifically to advance the Safe network, can use crypto and will be governed NOT by MaidSafe (soon after startup) It must be independent and cannot give any favours to any company. I.e. It will actively find competition for MaidSafe and promote app devs as much as possible from all areas.

22 Likes

Thank you for the heavy work team MaidSafe! I add the translations in the first post :dragon:

Privacy. Security. Freedom

7 Likes