Update 25 November, 2021

Profile manager to limit user error.
… and in any case, users might want to have two apps with different profiles.

9 Likes

We’d be thinking along the lines of users using SafeIDs, and then a profiles layer to manage this, rather than multiple Safes, TBH.

Obviously users can do as they wish, but I think it will be a worse experience overall if we used separate Safes to manage this rather than a layer within.

16 Likes

Yes, that could work equally… it’s just addressing the pina of logging out and in again and what users are doing with which profile. So, the same question is - Will users be able to login two Safe profiles aside each other?..

8 Likes

Yeah, that’s the goal.

12 Likes

Just getting a chance to catch up now. Great update, nice to see SAFE compared and contrasted with related work and nice to see its superiority. An excellent well written piece, thank you.
I have to explain SAFE to a couple of academics in the next week or so and I will be relying heavily on this and previous updates to keep it simple but ready to cite other work if required.

14 Likes

Great progress and nice write-up on distributed consensus. :+1::nerd_face:

11 Likes

Nice write up! It illustrates what is at stake here. Once reliable, it is game changing.

15 Likes

Brilliant write up. Well done.

But dying for a stable testnet - hoping we are close. :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

I know we are closer each week but has internal testnets progressed significantly since last public testnet?

11 Likes

Really enjoying the Thursday pieces! Every week you guys blow my mind with the complexities you deal with to make the Safe Network happen!

11 Likes

Great update! This is quite insightful even for non-technical people like myself. Thank you Team!

I’m excited we’re at this stage, where we can explain Safe in a way that more people can understand and see the value.

15 Likes

42 posts were split to a new topic: The Nasty Neighbor Attack: DDOS and OOB social vectors

This provides a very good summary of consensus (thus leader), eventual consistency and total order in a decentralized environment. I like this article because it gave me a whole picture of consensus or eventual consistency in a distributed environment. Thx @maidsafe team, @dirvine

14 Likes

Thanks so much for the wonderful update! We really appreciate all of the hard work you all do too.

:racehorse:

6 Likes

Thx 4 the update Maidsafe devs

Really amazing how Maidsafe is standing on the shoulders of gi :ant:s
and const :ant:ly pushing the envelope.

Huh is this a 404 southpark prank?

These reads up are extremely helpful

Keep hacking super ants, can’t wait for the next testnet with all the changes.

7 Likes

I don’t always find time to read the larger messages on this forum, but I’m glad I read this thread. Some real gems here. We’re in safe hands (excuse pun!).

When we have a stable net, it will be awesome!

12 Likes

This one is fantastic reading and discussion. Thanks to all for contributing and especially to @dirvine for spelling out the thought process. Whether or not this whole thing flies, it is a contribution in service of humanity. If I lost my whole investment and another network used these concepts to take this space and lived up to the ideals on display, I would consider it a win.

9 Likes

Amazing progress! Thanks devs for making the dream possible. The pieces seem to fall into each other better every week, making the network more robust.

6 Likes

Fascinating reading as always!

And these discussions keep spurring me on to be more involved.

Very impressive to actually follow through on the sheer undertaking that these goals are.

8 Likes

Thank you for the heavy work team MaidSafe! I add the translations in the first post :dragon:

Privacy. Security. Freedom

6 Likes

After re-reading it, it is written so well, which incredibly easy to understand. This allowed me to look at the problem of distributed consensus on a large scale. Thank you very much sincerely. @maidsafe

6 Likes