This week we’ve closed down the
NewYearsNet and been battling some CI issues and deployer issues with the
quic change. That’s not due to any issues with the branch per se, so much as tooling around it having been
Alongside that we’ve been trying to move over to use the
node-manager internally (and for the testnet deploy), which is another round of complications we’re just inching over.
Once we have that in hand, there’ll be another quick
quic testnet before we move on to testing some other interesting things out!
One of which is the work @mav has been doing on a proposed flow for the OMNI conversion, which should allow upcoming testnets to test out the conversion process, and allow folk with OMNI tokens to directly claim then (without having to resort to a faucet!). This is a first draft process, and we’ll be going into more details on that soon ™.
@qi.ma has been continuing to help push forward releases, testnets and testing across the board, fixing benchmark tests, reducing logging, and digging into other test failures.
@roland and @chris have been pushing on the
node-manager front, starting the shift into the monorep so we get dogfooding this across the board (for example in upcoming CI improvements where we run live testnets nightly, which should give us a missing test layer over a public network.)
@bochacho is back at improving the CLI and signing processes, in order to allow for out of band signing of transactions, as it looks like direct ledger/trezor integration may not be possible as yet. This should put us in a good place to push forward from when that does make sense.
@Anselme has continued pushing forwards on DAG capabilities for nodes, allowing for audit of the currency, and complete royalty collection. And we’ve continued to debate around how best to integrate such DAG verifications into the normal node spend-verification flows (in order to prevent money-creation attacks). Things are starting to take shape on that front.
@joshuef has continued some digging into the possibilities of
wasm compilation for
sn_client. Towards the end of last week, we had some basic PRs to rejig and remove certain dependencies that would not work on
wasm32-unkown-unkown, but now we’ve a basic proof of concept of its use in place, and a PR getting in the changes needed to enable further work here. This is quite exciting as
wasm32-unkown-unknown architecture is what allows rust code to be run in a browser (there are limitations on this, and how best to run this is still to be decided, so don’t get too excited. But it is great to be potentially opening up another front for safenetwork use!).
Feel free to reply below with links to translations of this dev update and moderators will add them here:
As an open source project, we’re always looking for feedback, comments and community contributions - so don’t be shy, join in and let’s create the Safe Network together!