Update 21st March, 2024

The artist formerly known as Safe Network.

8 Likes

The rebrand fails to impress. It sounds like a retirement product you can buy, not a network of friends you can join and communicate with. You know, the E for everyone in safe. I figured there would be an outrage here so waited to see the response before chiming in my disgust. I am surprised no one else is salty, but also wonder if people are thinking the same as me but are afraid to say something.

4 Likes

I suppose the others did not all see it the way you have. That isn’t a problem, we all have differing views on how brand names goes. Personally I am sad to see SAFE replaced completely, but I am not married to the name and am happy to see how the new name resonates with the huge audience we hope to attract.

And you imply the name is rather lame. Well that is the response I often got when I mentioned the Safe name to people in the past. They had to look past the name to the technology and just accept the name. Then there were others who liked the name Safe.

Lets see how it goes.

11 Likes

Honestly Autonomi is way cooler, having been following this project since 2013 there is of course some nostalgia to MAID/SAFE but since this is a network for the world it needs to be catchier. People I’ve spoken to about MAID in the past would think it was some sort of housemaid service and SAFE didn’t fall on normie ears any easier

7 Likes

Not entirely. It’s the lack of any mention of “safe network”. It’s a step backwards rather than building forward.

Something like your “powered by Safe Network Technology” tagline would have made it all more palatable. Change management 101.

2 Likes

That has nothing to do with what we are talking about now. You’ve been out of the loop or misinformed.

I think that is why they are implying that with the messaging, quantum proof encryption, controlled by you, etc etc rather than explicitly with the name.

It’s still implied and explained that it is effectively ‘safe’ given its design.

The name now seems to be focusing on a new evolution of internet or networks in general, that it can now be autonomous, self healing, emergent. Inspired by nature, etc. Protective of your autonomy. Not just safe to use.

The branding isn’t skin deep. We’ve barely seen any ankle yet imo.

8 Likes

Hey look up everyone :point_up_2:
It says Autonomi now

Logo is white on main forum page but grey on black in topics which isn’t quite as visible, at least in dark mode

I haven’t been out of the loop at all, we’ve gone from a massive research project to birth.

The tech speaks for itself, safe network still would work eventually but no harm in making things easier for the masses. If we’re going to do a rebrand, now is the time for sure since it brings everything back into the spotlight.

Right now eMAID is basically a microcap and the vast majority of people don’t know what it is. SAFE never launched and is already subjected to too much brand pollution with other projects which will make getting the message out much harder. If we launched a few years ago it would have been fine.

Trust in Bux and what’s she’s doing, the marketing and success of GALA speaks for itself and this is a far superior project/technology. David has done a superb job in bringing humanity what it needs now Bux will actually help to get it over the line and make sure people actually know about it and use it. This is the path of least resistance to reach an already massive crypto community as the initial network users and eventually the world will be using it with ease.

12 Likes

Once Jim gives me the assets I will fix that.

1 Like

Bit strange why sometimes white and sometimes dark. But I am OK with that anyway.

1 Like

The larger single ant head by itself does look better.
What doesn’t look good is when the small logo is placed in front of the word “autonomi”. It blends into the word too closely and makes the whole thing messy.

3 Likes

I like that classic sn blue too.

1 Like

Yea 100% I loved old safe blue

1 Like