Update 14 April, 2022

Spentbook? Spend Book? Spendbook?

Personally, I like spendbook because the “db” reminds me of “database”, as in some type of record/ledger system.

4 Likes

Sounds like music !

8 Likes

Thx 4 the update Maidsafe devs

Great to see wallet APIs and CLI merged into Maidsafe:main so quick. Can’t wait to see DBCs on the SAFE Network :crazy_face: :exploding_head:

:clap: :clap: :clap: @Sotros25, @SwissPrivateBanker I will donate, but it will take time, @Bamboogarden

Keep hacking super ants

14 Likes

If a section and therefore its mint is compromised, can other sections audit the mint and correct the record across the whole network?

3 Likes

It really depends what you mean by launch. Often it’s thought of as a big bang where everything is up and running at in one go, but it’s most likely to be a staged thing, where a testnet gets on its feet and stays there, and then groups of features are added, or become accessible over a period, and then it becomes a beta etc.

I guess the closest you might think of as a single launch point might be the genesis SNT supply being created. So yes it’s highly likely that client apps will come after this point. But as I say, it’s not a clear before/after, and there are lots of parallel strands.

18 Likes

is there somewhere documented how genesis will play through? will maidsafe do the genesis and then forward the snt to the maid/eMaid owners? and what happens to the rest of snt, will it be available to buy somehow?

Well there have been two scenarios suggested.

1. the original give out 10% to MAID holders and reserve 5% for investors. The rest is held by the network (somehow) as buffer for paying farmers. This means the network is not working as hand to mouth finance.

2. the other was to give all to those 10% MAID and 5% reserve for investors. IE the 15% becomes 100% in proportion. This means the network is running hand to mouth and farmers are paid directly from payments received for storing. Each section pays from what it received and could mean variations between sections due to differences in what they receive, but should not be an issue in the long run as it would average out I’d expect.

David suggested in a recent post that the network will be paying farmers from payments for resources.

3 Likes

That’s actually there subject of one of the whitepapers we are currently drafting (as a revision/replacement for the existing Safecoin paper), which will be available for you all to give input on via the RFC process in due course.

16 Likes

Thank you for the heavy work team MaidSafe! I add the translations in the first post :dragon:

Privacy. Security. Freedom

11 Likes

I read this and thought: Yeah a lot of the tech SAFE uses isn’t necessarily new (some of it is new, cutting edge even, but not all) but is just very obscure and not talked about much. I mean SAFE itself predates Bitcoin but it didn’t really take off until crypto came on the scene. Then there’s the DHT which again, only some math and code geeks have probably heard about and some other such things. I mean if I try to talk to people and try to explain SAFE to someone it gets really difficult because I have to explain a lot of these really obscure (granted very cool) underlying concepts that set it apart. Like the DHT tech, as opposed to using blockchain tech, really sets SAFE apart all by itself, but then when you pile the self encryption tech and things like DBCs then the possibilities really start to get interesting.

Oh so that’s what RFC stands for…

3 Likes